Bitcoin became the victim of its own success

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, May 9, 2022.

1. M.W.

M.W.

I simply call out your empty claims. If you can't prove anything then your claims are empty and meaningless.

#41     May 9, 2022
  2. This is what I said. They have a loan, at 21K they need to put up more collateral (which they have)

#42     May 9, 2022
    johnarb likes this.
  3. M.W.

M.W.

Nonsense. You just handpicked a lookup period. Correlation is strongly positive with US equities and that for over 2 years now. Every quant can confirm that in a heartbeat.

#43     May 9, 2022
  4. How would you like me to prove it?

#44     May 9, 2022
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

yeah. You can’t have a hundred currencies doing different things. One or two has to win everything.

#45     May 9, 2022
  6. M.W.

M.W.

You can't and won't hence I won't be holding my breath.

#46     May 9, 2022
  7. OK here is rolling 2-years. Has been mildly positive but at times negative. The average here is 0.10 (that's not very correlated). Any other time periods you want me to run?

#47     May 9, 2022
  8. M.W.

M.W.

Again, you just handpicked a look back period to suit your rhetoric. Here is a measure that is more reflective of true correlation

Bitcoin’s Correlation With Big Tech Increases to Record https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ation-with-big-tech-increases-to-record-chart

It is fair to argue that correlation was lower prior to 2020 but it has been strongly positive almost the entire 2 year period. And the time it broke down was mostly when SPX still held up (into Jan 2022) but btc crashed from its 60k+ highs earlier...

#48     May 9, 2022
  9. Why don't ya just give me a clue of what I can do to prove it? Or if there is nothing I can do, then maybe, just maybe, you are saying this to make yourself feel better :)

#49     May 9, 2022
  10. M.W.

M.W.

I feel good already, I don't make baseless claims. You are the one who does that. So, it's up to you to prove your claims or simply shut up.

#50     May 9, 2022