Bitcoin and MSTR price correlation

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Nov 9, 2021.

1. johnarb

johnarb

If anyone wants to understand Hard Money, Austrian Economics, please read the book "The Bitcoin Standard"

#41     Dec 1, 2021
    Sprout likes this.
  2. VicBee

VicBee

What a difference 2 years of covid makes! I remember when the original version hit in December 2019 and the US population and the market didn't respond until the March crash of 2020. Now just the word Omicron sends the market into a tailspin. So little rational either way!

I just repeated the words he used to emphasize the nature of BTC. He didn't talk about disruption, alternative, globalism...words he would probably have used in an MSNBC interview. It's not coincidental he used the terms I've outlined in an interview with Tucker. He is selling BTC to the masses and, like you say, BTC has no political views.

#42     Dec 1, 2021
  3. johnarb

johnarb

That was a snippet of an hour long interview with Tucker so he may have talked about other things. The only words that I noticed were "conservative" and "family", but the latter he has talked about many times about leaving a million $ to your family for 100 years using digital property, i.e. bitcoin, and nothing else you can do it with, including real estate that has maintenance costs

Austrian Economics is about hard money. The hardest money in the history of the world is Bitcoin. It is the most honest money verifiable on the blockchain, hence the use of "integrity". I'm sorry if you don't believe this, but please read "The Bitcoin Standard" by Dr. Saifedean Ammous

Other words like pure energy, conservation of energy, hard money, pristine asset, digital property, half-life, depletion of energy, energy leak, systems, maintenance costs, transport of energy and other terms, he has used many times

Those words are in the context of Thermodynamics, Engineering, Physics and the likes. You're associating them with their usage in politics and that's because of the setting he's in (FoxNews)

You can search many interviews of Michael Saylor on YouTube to verify for yourself

#43     Dec 1, 2021
    Sprout and VicBee like this.
  4. johnarb

johnarb

Bump

MSTR @ $683.36

MSTR Jan 2022 750 calls are $54 each (x5)

#44     Dec 2, 2021
  5. easymon1

easymon1

Tough call imho. Break a Leg. If you reap, good on ya!

#45     Dec 2, 2021
    vanzandt and johnarb like this.
  6. johnarb

johnarb

So glad this week is over! :D

Bullcember needs to be activated next week! or maybe Mooncember, either one is better than Dumpcember

Bump

MSTR @ $630.99

MSTR Jan 2022 750 calls are $40 each (x5)

#46     Dec 3, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  7. johnarb

johnarb

A gratuitous comment: It is possible that bitcoin and cryptos have entered a multi-year bear market

I am not saying this is absolutely the case, and we will not know until a couple of years from now

On-chain analysts are saying the data do not support that we have entered the bear market and we are still very much in a bull market

Part of me wants a confirmation of the bitcoin (and cryptos) bear market in January so I can go to cash on my crypto portfolio. Only 10 bitcoins will not be sold

My 2 sats

Bump

MSTR @ $596.47

MSTR Jan 2022 750 calls are $26.50 each (x5)

#47     Dec 6, 2021
  8. Overnight

Overnight

I don't follow cryptos much, but even I, ME, know that this is a fucktarded idea. A multi-year bear market in cryptos? Yer out of yer skull man.

Think about that statement..."A multi-year bear market". Nope. Worst that can happen here is sideways action for "multi-years".

The writing is on the wall, I can see it. Just like what I saw in FB in 2012 before it went public.

#48     Dec 6, 2021
  9. johnarb

johnarb

I certainly don't want to argue for a multi-year bear market, but you do know we had one in early January 2018 all the way to December 2019, right? a loss of 85% in btc price

March 2020 bitcoin crash/bottom does not count as that was Covid/liquidity-crisis induced

I see you joined ET in 2016, but so you know, we had a severe bitcoin bear market in early 2014 to mid to late 2016, a loss of 87% in btc price

Are you saying we will no longer have a bear market that lasts 2-3 years in bitcoin and cryptos that will result in over 80% loss in btc price and over 90% loss in altcoin prices?

I do hope you are correct but can you provide some substance to back up your claim?

#49     Dec 6, 2021
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Your own data is the proof. A 2 year drawdown is not a "multi-year bear market."

January 2018 to Dec 2019. OMFG! SHIVER ME TIMBERS! So where is the price from Jan 2018 to now?

2014 to 2016. OMG, SHIVER ME TIMBERS!

These are not mutli-year bear markets. They are pullbacks.

#50     Dec 6, 2021