Bitcoin and MSTR price correlation

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Nov 9, 2021.

1. VicBee

VicBee

Sorry I don't speak options (I know I need to make an effort to learn...) Is this bullish or berish?

#31     Nov 26, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  2. johnarb

johnarb

It's not really bullish or bearish but just price update m2m of the MSTR call options I hold

MSTR has been going down (a lot) and the price of the call options have also been going down

An options is a contract for 100 shares so the price of each option is 100x multiplier, a $56 price of option is $5,600

So when the price was $195, it was $19,500, each of the options has gone down $14,000 from one of my updated price a few weeks ago when MSTR share hit $900+ and bitcoin was above $67,000

$70,000 loss of value m2m on the 5 call options since

Next week should be better for bitcoin and MSTR or maybe the following week in the month of Bullcember, imho

#32     Nov 27, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  3. johnarb

johnarb

Bump

MSTR @ $721.43

MSTR Jan 2022 750 calls are $77 each (x5)

#33     Nov 30, 2021
  4. VicBee

VicBee

I see that MSTR has freed itself a bit from the still challenged BTC, although tomorrow should either affirm or we will see MSTR drop and realign, unless BTC pops (sorry for the decidedly un trader like jargon)..

#34     Nov 30, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  5. johnarb

johnarb

The move on MSTR today may have been news-driven. I agree with you that tomorrow will be a good test

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...tcoin-stake-has-doubled-in-value-to-7-billion

#35     Nov 30, 2021
  6. VicBee

VicBee

11:26 AM EST, 11/29/2021 (MT Newswires) -- MicroStrategy (MSTR) said Monday in a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission it has purchased about $414.4 million worth of bitcoin quarter-to-date in Q4, boosting its total bitcoin holdings to 121,044 coins.

From Oct. 1 to Nov. 29, the company bought about 7,002 bitcoins at an average price of nearly $59,200 per coin.

Meanwhile, the analytics software company also said it has sold 571,001 shares of its common stock pursuant to its open market sale deal with Jefferies (JEF) at an average price of $732.16 per share during Q4, raising total net proceeds of $414.4 million.

MicroStrategy shares were 2.8% higher in morning trading.

Price: 684.69, Change: +21.69, Percent Change: +3.27

http://www.mtnewswires.com Copyright © 2021 MT Newswires. All rights reserved. MT Newswires does not provide investment advice. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.

#36     Dec 1, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  7. johnarb

johnarb

Michael Saylor, CEO of MSTR

#37     Dec 1, 2021
  8. VicBee

VicBee

"conservative", "Austrian", "true", "pure", "integrity", "family"... I expected the Nazi salute any second! He did market to his audience a bit overtly, no? :rolleyes:

#38     Dec 1, 2021
  9. VicBee

VicBee

#39     Dec 1, 2021
  10. johnarb

johnarb

Late market dump was due to bitcoin pulling back hard along with US stock market indices due to Omicron found in the US per the news

Bitcoin has no political views, it's an open source and open monetary network. It's computer code

Saylor has double degree from the MIT and fascinating to listen to him, but I'm afraid technical things go over my head

Saylor and MSTR have bought billions of $ of bitcoin and continue to buy bitcoin and support bitcoin by educating other corporations, Tesla being the biggest and most famous one

Not sure what you mean by Nazi salute on Saylor, he's the same as any Bitcoin community and supporter, albeit with a giga-bag worth of bitcoins in his stash, personal and MSTR holdings

If tomorrow or next month, he says goodbye to Bitcoin and starts his MicroStrategyCoin, we'll be sad but Bitcoin life goes on. We won't follow him to his new coin. You know what I'm saying?

#40     Dec 1, 2021