Bitcoin and MSTR price correlation

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Nov 9, 2021.

1. deaddog

deaddog

I know. I'll be sayin, "you dumb shit, you don't have to be able to drop it on your foot to make money." But on the bright side if you are mistaken then I won't have lost any money. Over the years I have missed lots of opportunities but my drawdowns are fairly reasonable.

#21     Nov 18, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  2. johnarb

johnarb

It's all good, it doesn't matter much anyway if btc goes above $80K or below $40K in a few weeks, I won't be selling

I'll sell 1 btc at $250K or buy more btc's below $20K

It's this pesky MSTR position that I have that is more pressing since they are January 2022 calls and has a time deadline

#22     Nov 18, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  3. VicBee

VicBee

:D the TM... I keep buying MSTR at the new low but today had to switch to MARA because share price is a fraction of MSTR...

Just waiting for BTC to do its thang...:cool:

#23     Nov 18, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  4. johnarb

johnarb

The "supply shock" theory worked for me a couple of times at $30K --> $50K and at $45K --> $60K

Two questions now, 1. is the supply shock going to work again this time and 2. How high will btc go

Maybe after options expiration tomorrow, we'll get a nice move up in btc

#24     Nov 18, 2021
  5. johnarb

johnarb

Bump

MSTR Jan 2022 750 calls are $69 each (x5)

#25     Nov 23, 2021
  6. VicBee

VicBee

Triggered another buy at 700. Fully loaded on MSTR and MARA, now waiting for BTC to pop. Looking for MSTR at 850 to end my year in positive territory!

My Fibonacci Retracement shows a possible further drop to 669. If any worse, we can see a free fall all the way to tested 564 bottom...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    #26     Nov 23, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  7. VicBee

VicBee

Have we hit bottom at 680? It's again impossible to confirm because MSTR is so tied to BTC. Their movement correlation seems to be tightening after a couple days earlier this week of MSTR decoupling downwards.
    Next validation should be around 735 now that MSTR broke 702...
    MARA on the other hand is surprisingly less correlated to BTC and showing resilience as BTC continues to downtrend.

#27     Nov 24, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  8. VicBee

VicBee

Ouch, things are looking real ugly in premarket... cryptos are diving.

#28     Nov 26, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  9. johnarb

johnarb

Next week should be better or might have to wait until December

:D

#29     Nov 26, 2021
  10. johnarb

johnarb

Bump

MSTR Jan 2022 750 calls are $56 each (x5)

#30     Nov 26, 2021