Birther to be court-martialed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by .........., Apr 15, 2010.

1. 'Birther' Lt. Col. Terry Lakin to be court-martialed for refusing order to deploy to Afghanistan

An Army doc who refuses to go to Afghanistan until President Obama produces a birth certificate will face court-martial.

Lt. Col. Terry Lakin, a decorated military man who has become a part of the fringe "birther" movement - which believes President Obama was not born in the United States - could face a dishonorable discharge for failing to obey orders, MSNBC reported on Tuesday.

The 18-year veteran came out in support of the largely discredited conspiracy theorists at the end of March, proclaiming he would "disobey" his "illegal" orders to deploy.

"I believe all servicemen and women, and the American people, deserve the truth about President Obama's constitutional eligibility to the office of the presidency and the commander in chief," he said in a video statement posted on YouTube on March 30.

The Bronze Star Medal recipient refuses to go to Afghanistan for a second tour until Obama releases his birth certificate showing he was, in fact, born in the U.S.

"Seeking out public office, especially the highest in our land, means you must uphold the Constitution, Mr. President, and confirm your eligibility," Lakin said in the video.

The Army doctor was informed of his court-martial by his brigade commander, and his Pentagon building pass and laptop have been seized, MSNBC reported.

Several lawsuits have been filed - and dismissed - in the last two years by "birthers" who continue to believe that Obama was not born here, but instead in Kenya or possibly Indonesia.

In an effort to confront the conspiracy, Obama officials posted a copy of a certification of live birth online in 2008. Newspaper notices from August 4, 1961 have also been found in Hawaiian newspapers announcing his birth, and officials have confirmed his birth certificate exists and shows he was born in Honolulu.

A birth certificate claiming Obama was born in Kenya, which surfaced last year, later proved to be fake.

The claims of Obama's ineligibility to hold office because he wasn't a natural-born citizen began during his campaign for President.

2. Previous court ruling provided some comedy relief : Case 4:09-cv-00106-CDL

....her claims that the President is “an illegal usurper, an unlawful pretender, [and] an unqualified imposter.” (Compl. ¶ 21.) She continues with bare, conclusory allegations that the President is “an alien, possibly even an unnaturalized or even an unadmitted illegal alien . . . without so much as lawful residency in the United States.” (Id. ¶ 26.) Then, implying that the President is either awandering nomad or a prolific identity fraud crook, she alleges that the President “might have used as many as 149 addresses and 39 social security numbers prior to assuming the office of President.” (Id. ¶ 110 (emphasis added).) Acknowledging the existence of a document
    that shows the President was born in Hawaii, Plaintiff alleges that
    the document “cannot be verified as genuine, and should be presumed fraudulent.” (Id. ¶ 113 (emphasis added).) In further support of her claim, Plaintiff relies upon “the general opinion in the rest of the world” that “Barack Hussein Obama has, in essence, slipped through the guardrails to become President.” (Id. ¶ 128.)

Moreover, as though the “general opinion in the rest of the world” were not enough, Plaintiff alleges in her Complaint that according to an “AOL poll 85% of Americans believe that Obama was not vetted, needs to be vetted and his vital records need to be produced.” (Id. ¶ 154.) Finally, in a remarkable shifting of the traditional legal burden of proof, Plaintiff unashamedly alleges that Defendant has the burden to prove his “natural born” status. (Id. ¶¶ 136-138, 148.) Thus, Plaintiff’s counsel, who champions herself as a defender of liberty and freedom, seeks to use the power of the judiciary to compel a citizen, albeit the President of the United States, to “prove his innocence” to “charges” that are based upon conjecture and
    speculation. Any middle school civics student would readily
    recognize the irony of abandoning fundamental principles upon which our Country was founded in order to purportedly “protect and preserve” those very principles.

------------

Only the republicans can come up with lunatics like this. And give it time, the idiots in the militias are going to bomb something.

3. He should be court martialed. He signed up. He takes the pay. That means he goes where they tell him to go, period!
    What's next? Some guy in the field say's, I'm not taking orders from this guy, he's a Muslim. I'm not taking orders from that guy, he's gay. I'm not taking orders from this woman, women don't tell me what to do. It's bullshit! Man up, and do the job you VOLUNTEERED to do. President Obama is the man at the top and it ain't this nitwits job to question that. His political stance has no bearing on whether he follows orders, or not. We must expect, we must demand, that our military can rise above the petty crap that everyone else swims in. To do otherwise puts our nation in jepordy.

4. Hmm. I wonder if there may possibly be a racial undercurrent among the birthers. No other president was ever as widely subjected to such "scrutiny" as President Obama despite the evidence presented. No other president was black. Hmm.

5. Mnphats

Mnphats

There it is, the racism thing again. Yawn, ad nausem coming from you.

6. When was the last time this sort of thing happened in US history? And this a birther. Yawn if you must, but it is what it is.

7. Mnphats

Mnphats

Ohh, I see, it is what it is. You leave yourself vulnerable to putting the ass in assume.

Canada has a dark history with the slavery as well.

8. Do your posts get any more incongruent? Or would this be the pinnacle? Your crowning glory?

9. Mnphats

Mnphats

Point being, you call racism on everything to the point of being brainwashed you are apparently the only one that doesn't see it. Its been pointed out to you numerous times.

I love how Canadians call BS on USA yet fail to see the skeletons in their own closet.

10. You are either an idiot or you just play one in the Internet. No one denies that racism exists pretty much everywhere geographically. In some places perhaps more so than in others. I am merely pointing it out where it is plain. And for you to obfuscate attaches an odor to you. One that I personally find repugnant but others such as Lucrum, Hello and BernardRichards may be drawn to it. Something about:

#10     Apr 16, 2010