Birther question regarding birth certificates.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Apr 19, 2011.

1. If I have to renew my license after 15 years I had to bring my birth certificate to the DMV before I got the new license.

Same with passports.

Now when you run for president or get elected dont they ask for a birth certificate? or do they just take your word for it when you say you were born in the USA.

I thought you have to turn in proof already? or is it on the honor system?

2. Savant

Savant

I've actually never held the office of president before. Perhaps there's another forum member here who's an ex-president...

3. This whole debate has peaked my interest because I have first hand experience with it.

Back in the mid 90's, when leaving for Aruba on my honeymoon, I brought my BC (or what I thought was my BC) to the airport. (If you recall this was back when you could leave the county without having a passport.)

My wife and I get up to the ticket counter and I present my BC and drivers license. The ticket lady looks at and tells me "this isn't your BC, it's a souvenir copy". She tells me I can't leave the country unless I can get it verified or I have my original long form BC. (but she did tell me I was cleared to be president ;)

So I have to go to some area in the airport where, for the next 30 mins or so, my wife and I sit wondering if our honeymoon plans will be spent in the US. They were able to verify it (although I don't know what records were checked) and I was cleared to travel.

Each trip thereafter I had to have whatever it was they gave me at the airport along with me when using my souvenir BC up until I finally got a passport.

To this day I've never seen my original BC. I may be from Kenya.

4. This is the problem- there is no law and/or regulation at the federal or state levels for vetting presidential candidates.

It appears it's all on a honor system. Which in politics should be an immediate red flag.