Birther issue is not going away

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jan 26, 2011.

1. No not defending Obama at all. Too much deficit spending with too little returns, too weak in dealing with the republicans on health care, squandered the stimulus on pork instead of infrastructure and real jobs, talks so much I can't listen anymore, but it's like that with most politicians. But even with all that he was the better choice over McCain and Palin. So whats a guy to do?

#31     Jan 26, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

Learn to admit when you are wrong! :D

#32     Jan 26, 2011
  3. LOL OK I'll try. What in my post was wrong ? Bush was an idiot, I'm not happy with Obama, I didn't like McCain or Palin, which one is wrong?

#33     Jan 26, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Ok, maybe it exists, maybe it doesn't, but I live and am treated as an American citizen.

It's easy to say that the energy behind this is the importance of the position of president, but it's just as easy to suspect the energy behind this when posters even here say, "I hate Obama with every fiber of my being", which is clearly insane, Of course, we are a small subset of the American whole, no doubt a heavily politicized subset--most Americans are satisfied with the official story. No, I'm not making a bandwagon argument per se.

#34     Jan 26, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter, for every person that hates Obama with every fiber of their being, there is one who hates Bush with every fiber of their being.

You don't see a pattern here? For the record, I think Obama is a citizen. But look at Rham. He is trying to get away on a technicality that he was a citizen of Chicago so he can run for Mayor when clearly he wasn't.

Hillary Clinton ran for Senate in NY when she clearly was not a citizen but it provided a much higher profile then being a senator from Arkansas.

There just seems to be a pattern here of political expediency. Yes, it's concerning.

#35     Jan 26, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

You're right, I think I see a pattern, too. There is so much emotion, so much faith in "our guys", maybe we're looking for a "father" (now say it in German). We're not living in a critical thinking time, we living in a sports fan time.

#36     Jan 26, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

After reading this page of information that was available in 2008, tell me you still think Obama was a better choice than McCain.

http://www.profitbooks.com/blog/index.php/2008/08/nobama-barrack-obama.html

#37     Jan 26, 2011
  8. McCain picked Palin for vice President. An intellectually lazy woman. He did this not for the good of the country but for the good of McCain.
    Verdict: Obama was the better choice.

The Republicans have another chance coming up soon. Lets see if they finally nominate someone worth while. It's been since Dole that the Republicans have put up a decent man/woman to run for President.

That link was a weak propaganda piece for the chicken little "the sky is falling" crowd. I'm all for an intelligent argument but that wasn't one.

#38     Jan 26, 2011
  9. Wallet

Wallet

#39     Jan 26, 2011
  10. pspr

pspr

It was all true. Do you have a problem with the truth?

#40     Jan 26, 2011