Birther issue is not going away

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jan 26, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

But, you got a copy, didn't you? You'll need that if you ever want to get a passport. Unless you are a Senator or the President.

Did you know Obama never had a U.S. passport until he was a U.S. Senator? I wonder how he traveled to Pakistan as a teenager without a passport.

#21     Jan 26, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, you have a birth certificate. You just don't have it on your person. BTW, John McCain was born on a military base as well. That doesn't make you not a citizen.

#22     Jan 26, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, the birth certificate I was issued was manufactured from the microfiche, as I edited above, and it looks like the one Obama has posted online. It's not a hospital "long form" and never will be.

#23     Jan 26, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes Ricter, I get it. However you are making the assumption that yours does not exist. I'm telling you that maybe some 45 year old government worker sent you what they sent you because it was easier to send that copy off the microfiche. It's possible your original copy does not exist, but you don't know that. You are making an assumption that because it was not sent to you that it doesn't exist. I beg to differ.

#24     Jan 26, 2011
  5. pspr

pspr

That makes no sense. You say it is hardly legible but it looks like the COLB Obama posted which is very legible? The Obama COLB was computer generated new. Well, what ever.

#25     Jan 26, 2011
  6. he could have been written in his parents' passport(s).

alternatively he may have used his Russian passport :D :D :D

#26     Jan 26, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

I've never heard of anything like that. Do you have source link? (I don't think his parent was with him from what I read) He would have been 19 or 20 when he went to Pakistan.

"Apparently, according to the Obama campaign, In 1981 -- the year Obama transferred from Occidental College to Columbia University -- Obama visited his mother and sister Maya in Indonesia. After that visit, Obama traveled to Pakistan with a friend from college whose family was from there. The Obama campaign says Obama was in Pakistan for about three weeks, staying with his friend's family in Karachi and also visiting Hyderabad in Southern India."

Source: ABC news

#27     Jan 26, 2011
  8. who knows what the rules were 25 years ago. i think it might have worked for the under-aged, not for somebody 19.

did his parents have foreign passports? they could traveled using those and Barack could have been written in. but 19 seems high, maybe if he were under 16 it would have worked

#28     Jan 26, 2011
  9. Your last President was an idiot and the Republicans are doing ok now.

EDIT: Not yours personally Maverick but the Republicans. ;)

#29     Jan 26, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

So you defend bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior? Really?

And no, I disagree with you, the Republicans are not doing OK right now.

#30     Jan 26, 2011