Biotech sector - place your bets....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 50 cent, Nov 5, 2003.

1. place your bets on the breakout direction...?

• btk.png
      File size:
      22.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Looks bearish.

• btk.png
      File size:
      13.8 KB
      Views:
  3. So far so bearish.

4. Yes, all sectors including Biotech will go up. That's for sure.

:p

5. hold your horses, usually after triangles break there is a pullback into the range, and only then the real move starts. so let's wait and see..

6. hayman

hayman

Put all of your money on PPHM..........

7. I live in asia and spent all day looking through some stocks that came up on a screen. Many, many of them were these zero profit, oftentimes zero revenue, pie-in-the-sky, rinky-dink biotech firms.

Now I don't know squat about biotech or how the sector is traditionally valued, but most of the small companies I looked at today seemed extremely overvalued - already up 3,4, 500% YTD, and burning cash quickly.

Yet, MRK may have already fallen to attractive levels. Perhaps its a case of Buy MRK/ PFE, sell the rest ... After all, MRK/PFE will likely acquire the promising ones and let the rest fail, no?

8. Blue, I agree with you about big pharma being cheap (at least with respect to PFE, which I bought around $30). But not all of biotech is overvalued. Specifically, I can't recall a time when AMGN's traded at such a discount to the group on a PEG basis (it's nearly an even 1 now). They also throw off a ton of a cash, have a strong balance sheet, and have a decent pipeline. So if funds rotate back into AMGN, which I suspect they will, the whole group, including the pie-in-the-sky dollar and a dream stocks, may get carried along with it.

Just my 2 cents.

HD

9. Excellent.

#10     Nov 13, 2003