biotech is HOT!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bat1, Sep 30, 2012.

1. gimp570

gimp570

Well I guess we finally got the bounce in AFFY

#11     Mar 7, 2013
  2. gimp570

gimp570

I dont understand. It does that much volume and I do not see any news. I cant see a dead cat bounce with this many shares traded
    But then again what the heck do I know

03-07-13 12:37 PM

Well I guess we finally got the bounce in AFFY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from gimp570:

Yes biotech is fun. Nothing goes up like a biotech that gets a drug threw, but the down side is huge.
    Just look what they are doing to AFFY today.
    Biotech stock can change your lifestyle in 2 ways both good and bad.
    I guess if you buy this one here you do know your downside
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#12     Mar 7, 2013
  3. Steady buying all day.... might be tradeable going forward.

I'm glad you brought it up; I lost interest in it after a few days.

#13     Mar 7, 2013
  4. gimp570

gimp570

Then again in the whole scheme of things, I guess a 50% move in AFFY really means nothing. If you would have told me it was going to do that much volume, I would have thought the move would be in the couple hundred percentage move. I guess I will keep an eye on AFFY.

#14     Mar 8, 2013
  5. gimp570

gimp570

AFFY went from the 2s to above 4 in a few hours then staight down after that. I think I am wasting my time following these pigs. They might have earning on thursday 3/14. I cant see how they cant be horrible.
    Its just a stock that was trading 27 a few months ago now trading 2. kinda make you think

#15     Mar 13, 2013
  6. The pattern for these sub-$5 stocks seems to be:

1. flat base, dead

2. five waves up

3. three waves down

4. dead

#16     Mar 13, 2013
  7. gimp570

gimp570

Well you might be right but AFFY only had one really BIG wave up and a bunch of small waves down. (since it imploded) Could mean that this is a weak puppy.
    I guess if you want to gamble on this one the best thing to do would be just buy a couple of thousand shares and check on it in a couple of years. Your down side is only a few thou. hoping for a big upside. I have seen terrible moves like this and then right back to the 20's. That is rare and might just be wishful thinking

#17     Mar 13, 2013