binural beats

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by osho67, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Can one become a better trader by listening to binaural beats -particularly delta wave length? Has anybody experimented this to improve their trading?

2. Delta is actually a deep sleep frequency so that wont help at all. Alternating between high alpha and low beta helps me keep my mind in a meditative state for a period of time. This has helped me tremendously overall, not just in trading.

3. Thanks. Where can I find this music?

4. This is what I use. http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/

They no longer use actual binaural beats but they have been replaced by what these guys call isochronic tones. It achieves the same purpose.

5. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

This is such a cool topic!

Me, as an intraday trader I need beta/gamma. The market itself is boring and a natural sleep inducer for me when I'm in wait mode. That coupled with the altered (lowered) risk tolerance associated with meditative states I'd be out of business!

Such a cool topic. :cool:
    And thanks for the interesting link.

6. convexx

convexx

7. clacy

clacy

There is an endless supply of isochronic tones and binaural beats on youtube for free.

I have been using them to relax and induce sleep due to working in a very stressful business.

It seems to work well, IMO to help de-stress.

It certainly can't hurt to be less stressed. Haven't used some of the Alpha and Beta inducing stuff, which could potentially help with attentiveness and creativity reportedly.

8. Redneck

Redneck

I’m a big proponent of entrainment

Thanks for the link AT

RN

9. d473n

d473n

I personally use a program called Neuro-Programmer, it might be a tad expensive for some but worth it I think. It's like 90 bucks. It comes packed with sessions to help users deal with anything from addiction to studying. There are tons of sessions to choose from, all of which you can edit. Just under the meditation list alone, there are over 40 tracks to use. Everything from a 10-15min relaxation break to hour long deep theta and delta sessions. Here are the sessions folders broken down (Keep in mind each session has at least 10 tracks in them) - Addiction, Anxiety, Athletic Performance, Cognition - Attention, Energy - Motivation, General Brainwaves, Headaches-Migraines, Healing - Well being, Meditation - Relaxation, Mood, Self-Programming, Sleep-Insomnia, Studying - Learning.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  10. HKVP9

HKVP9

Yes.

Either you will believe that you have or you will believe that you have not. Sounds like something Yoda, might come up with, but I've used Audio Meditation techniques for years and I can tell you that for me, it has helped.

I went for the Delta and Theta states during periods of daytime meditation with embedded and positively inspired "coaching" vocals right at the threshold of my ability to hear. This produced the net effect of having a "personal coach" whisper into my subconscious mind that which I needed to hear the most during a time when my brain was as close to Delta or Theta as possible. My sessions were one (1) hour per day - everyday. Started in the early 90's and never looked back.

Re-scripting your brain takes time and effort. Won't happen overnight and will require tuning, tweaking and optimization on a routine basis. It is not easy to stay positive in such a negative world - not easy at all. But, as a Trader, you have no choice.

I initially began using this stuff back when they were on audio cassette tapes and the frequency range was not as wide or deep as it is today with digital tracks.

If you don't control your own mind, someone else is more than willing to do it for you.

#10     Aug 12, 2014