Binaural Beats While Trading

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by vanzandt, May 18, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

There's a wealth of research about the effects of binaural beats on the brain.

The chart below offers up a whole new set of "Greeks".

It would appear the 40Hz is ideal for trading/watching charts.
    The youtube link below is a pure 40Hz binaural, however there are many videos with other (relaxing) sounds tracked over the 40HZ that may be more appealing. Headphones are a requirement as the science by design is based on two ears. Try it out tomorrow. :D

Detailed Definition of Binaural Beats

Binaural beats are auditory brain-stem responses which originate in the superior olivary nucleus of each brain hemisphere. They result from two different auditory impulses or sounds, heard from opposite ears. This binaural beat is consciously heard as the human hearing range is from 20-20,000 Hz. Rather it is perceived as an auditory beat and theoretically is being used coach certain brain rhythms from what is called the frequency-following response (the tendency for the brain to resonate at the frequency of an external stimulus).
    How It Works On The Brain

When signals of two different frequencies (sounds) are presented, one to each ear, the brain detects phase differences between these signals. The brain processes this anomalous information differently when these phase differences are heard with stereo headphones or speakers. A perceptual integration of the two signals in perceived in the brain, producing the sensation of a third “beat”. The difference between the signals waxes and wanes (this is the “wavy” sound heard in the hypnotic sessions) as the two stereo sounds mesh in and out of phase. The binaural beat is perceived as a fluctuating rhythm at the frequency of the difference between the two auditory inputs.
    How Binaural Beats creates a Hypnotic Response

Binaural beats can easily be heard at the low frequencies (< 30 Hz) that are characteristic of the EEG spectrum (Oster, 1973). This perceptual phenomenon of binaural beating and the objective measurement of the frequency-following response (Hink, Kodera, Yamada, Kaga, & Suzuki, 1980) suggest conditions which generate brain waves activity and altered states of consciousness (hypnotic trance).

> 40 Hz Gamma waves Higher mental activity, including perception, problem solving, fear, and consciousness
    13–39 Hz Beta waves Active, busy or anxious thinking and active concentration, arousal, cognition, and or paranoia
    7–13 Hz Alpha waves Relaxation (while awake), pre-sleep and pre-wake drowsiness, REM sleep, Dreams
    8–12 Hz Mu waves Sensorimotor rhythm Mu_rhythm, Sensorimotor_rhythm
    4–7 Hz Theta waves deep meditation/relaxation, NREM sleep
    < 4 Hz Delta waves Deep dreamless sleep, loss of body awareness

There are a growing amount of research efforts reporting changes in consciousness associated with binaural-beats. “The subjective effect of listening to binaural beats may be relaxing or stimulating, depending on the frequency of the binaural-beat stimulation” (Owens & Atwater, 1995). Binaural beats in the delta (1 to 4 Hz) and theta (4 to 8 Hz) ranges have been associated with reports of relaxed, meditative, and creative states (Hiew, 1995), and used as an aid to falling asleep. Binaural beats in the alpha frequencies (8 to 12 Hz) have increased alpha brain waves (Foster, 1990) and binaural beats in the beta frequencies (typically 16 to 24 Hz) have been associated with reports of increased concentration or alertness (Monroe, 1985) and improved memory (Kennerly, 1994).

dartmus, speedo and wartrace like this.
  2. JackRab

JackRab

Uhm... the problem solving and consciousness bits I get... fear might be a problem Vanz....

3. wartrace

wartrace

I've been playing around with Neuro programmer https://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/

I was somewhat skeptical about it at first so I did the two week free trial of the software. I have used it for mood elevation and relaxation. I am much more upbeat and calm after a session.

Although I live in a very quiet rural area I use a "white noise" device while sleeping. (I am very sensitive to any noise) I found a really neat track designed to induce vivid dreaming. I have some of the best dreams ever since I started using it.

I am going to try the 40hz and higher while trading and see what happens. I am probably going to add some "whispers" or "Affirmations" to control bad trading behaviors.

4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Youtube has a ton of different selections for all the various frequencies.
    There's definitely something to the science, albeit it is "relatively" new in the larger scheme of things with the advent of headphones and electronic tone generation, but there are studies that go back several centuries.

To be honest, I think the larger movie/music studios have been using it for years in soundtracks. Modern recording software allows for an infinite amount of individual tracks, most songs you hear on the radio now have 100 plus easy.... I had a discussion with an engineer about 10 years ago and he was talking about it... at the time I thought he was just rambling about nothing, but not so much now.
    Its pretty easy to embed whatever you want no matter how subtle. Kinda like the old days when they would take one frame of a film and show a Pepsi bottle every so often. Your eyes don't see it but your brain does. Depending on the frequency used, they can enhance the song to help achieve the desired effect.... be it dance music or music designed to make one feel melancholy.

Interesting stuff either way. Understanding the brain is truly the next great frontier, and we have barely scratched the surface. It seems this particular range of frequencies can organically replicate the effects of Ritalin or other drugs designed to increase focus. A good thing if you're staring at tick charts all day and trying to discern whats up.

5. speedo

speedo

Ideally you want to listen with a good set of headphones. I have the excellent Awaken Minds CD's which have the beats within the sound of falling rain.

Xela likes this.
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I go for beta and gamma for day trading. The market, and trading in general, is boring enough with no need for any self-chosen auditory relaxation tools.

Also, 432Hz tuning in general, as a separate topic, for everyday use, may be of interest.
    Binaural, 432Hz, and other auditory tools are widely available on Youtube. That of course carries the standard YT caveat emptor.

[​IMG]

Off topic, but a few weeks ago there was report about Light Frequency therapy being used successfully to combat brain diseases such as Alzheimers. With no drugs, an hour of Light therapy resulted in a 50% improvement in brain activity among diseased patients. No Drugs!!

dartmus and easymon1 like this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

I wish they could figure out one to speed up metabolism and burn fat while you sit on your ass. :D

Max E. and Mtrader like this.
  8. Xela

Xela

I always like your posts and identify with them, to some extent, but that's really a great coincidence: so do I! :cool:

dartmus and speedo like this.
  9. speedo

speedo

And I with yours:thumbsup: Zela.

dartmus and Xela like this.
  10. Mtrader

Mtrader

http://www.pronokal.com/kyp/the-method/what-is-it/

I have two friends who did this. Spectacular results and LASTING if you have some discipline.

#10     May 21, 2017
    dartmus likes this.