Binary Options

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jimjones1980, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Is anyone trading this? What platforms are people using?

2. Nadex is the platform and www.ibinarytrade.com is the educational resource--- although it's not been updated for awhile. surf

3. There are several spread betting platforms that allow you trade binary options such as;

www.ig.com
    www.cityindex.com

However, I personally feel that with most things, it's best to find a broker that specializes in one particular trading method.

For spread betting, I use IG.

You have to be careful with certain binary options trading platforms as there have been a lot of negative press about them. I don't want to list any names of these companies but the main things to look out for with any brokerage is that they are fully licensed and regulated and operate an open door policy for you to meet your account manager and that they provide adequate training on the platform.

Stay clear of any platform that promises a "get rich quick scheme" and a I high initial deposit.

I was stung by a few companies with regards to withdrawals and false information but happy with the company I've been using now.

The only downside I have with these guys is that I like to go through my charts with a tooth comb, so I end up using netdania compared to the charts provided on the platform.

4. xyannix

xyannix

Hi Jim,

There are many brokers, over 200 of them according to the Binary Option Exchange. There are only a few who are actually regulated and depending which country you are in depends who to go with.

See the latest list of regulated brokers here: http://www.binaryex.com/regulated-binary-options/

Make Today a Successful Trading Day!!!

5. slumdog

slumdog

Stay away from these binary firms.

They make a huge profit from clients.

All bets are deliberately under quoted.

I mean if the probability of an event happening is 80% (by standard option pricing models), they will only offer you a bet paying 10% (or less). Easy money for them.

If you happen to make money even with those rubbish odds they will mark your account and see what you are doing. And tighten the odds on your favourite market even further.

Suckers game.

6. expiated

expiated

As a U.S. citizen, I was hoping to find a binary option broker other than Nadex where I could do my trading, since Nadex’s platform and my style require that I risk anywhere from $50 to $85 per trade for no more than a $15 to $50 return.

For a while, betonline looked like it might be an option, but it turned out that they would not clarify their murky withdrawal policy for me. I then found out about Cantor Exchange, but unfortunately, this was just after their decision to discontinue offering financial binary options (in March of this year—2019).

Supposedly, CBOE is another possibility, but they offer only two binary options and neither of them are Forex (my specialty). Moreover, they only have $100 contracts like Nadex, and I wish to initially trade small—like $1 to $10 per trade.

I just read however that even though IQ Option is not licensed by the SEC or the CFTC, they comply with the same criteria and safety standards imposed by US laws, and they offer their services to US citizens.

So I am currently in the process of familiarizing myself with their platform, and if they do indeed serve US residents, I might open a small account with them in June, since I would need price to move only a single pip for me to earn significant returns, unlike trading via OANDA.

7. Sig

Sig

If you go to IQ Options from a U.S. IP address you get this:

upload_2019-5-23_7-50-1.png

Regardless, U.S. law only allows CFTC registered exchanges to offer binaries and you just listed all the active ones. While offshore companies may allow U.S. customers, or you can trick them into allowing you with a VPN, they're in direct violation of U.S. law when doing so. Which is fairly meaningless until they take your money. At which point you cry "give me my money back, keeping it is violating the law" and they ignore you, which is effectively them saying "Why the hell would you think we would pay attention to any law if we ignored the law to sign you up as a customer?"

8. expiated

expiated

These are just some notes to myself clarifying a few points about which I initially had some questions...

ScreenHunter_5037 May. 23 07.59.jpg

9. expiated

expiated

Hypothetically at least, it appears I might have opportunity to make profitable trades much more frequently with European style binary options than with a traditional Forex broker (or with Nadex). Given the precision with which I do my trading, I can profit from riding multiple waves trading at IQ Option rather than have to wait for price to eventually zigzag its way to a take-profit target far enough away to make it worthwhile to have entered a position in the first place trading through OANDA.

ScreenHunter_5038 May. 23 09.18.jpg

10. expiated

expiated

I'm hoping my first day demo trading binary options through IQ Option yielded helpful insights. If this turns out to be true, not only do I plan to memorize the corresponding conclusions, but I'll also be be making an effort to apply them to my "normal" intraday trading. So far, there are three strategies I want to evaluate this next week.

For the purpose of this record, I will be labeling the indicators as follows:

Yellow: Longer-term Trendline
    Crimson: Intermediate Trendline (Slow)
    Red: Intermediate Trendlines (Fast)
    Green: Fluctuating Trendlines
    Gray: Instantaneous Moving Averages

strategies.png

STRATEGIES:
    1. Enter positions (purchase 10-minute binary options) when the instantaneous moving averages cross over the fluctuating trendlines (especially after both sets of lines have experienced a pullback together)—entering long positions when the (Slow) Intermediate Trendline(s) is/are sloping upward, and short positions when the (Slow) Intermediate Trendline(s) is/are sloping downward. (Take no action when the Fast and Slow Intermediate Trendlines are out of alignment with one another???)
    2. Or enter positions (purchase 20-minute binary options) when the Fluctuating Trendlines cross over the Fast Intermediate Trendlines after both sets of lines have experienced a pullback together—entering long positions when they are located above the Longer-term Trendline, and short positions when they are located below it.
    3. Watch and wait for reversals (for the Instantaneous Moving Averages to cross over the Fluctuating Trendlines) at major statistical support and resistance, as defined by the outer envelopes at X.XX% deviation and especially at X.XX% deviation.
    4. A fourth strategy you might want to consider/evaluate is looking for reversals (for the Instantaneous Moving Averages to cross over the Fluctuating Trendlines) at minor statistical support and resistance, defined by the inner envelopes. Assess whether the reward (success rate) resulting from such trades outweighs the risk.

#10     May 26, 2019