Binary options...better than 50/50 chance ?

Discussion in 'Options' started by rfriend73, Oct 30, 2012.

1. I took a look at binary options at Nadex after you mentioned them in the original TST thread.

I would be trading them except for one thing - you can only bet one way. Take crude, for example: You can bet crude will settle >85, >86,>87, etc. and so on. You cannot buy a binary that lets you bet crude will settle <85, <84,<83, etc.

Perhaps NADEX wants you to make those bets as a seller of the premium, but I did not look into that possibility during the duration of the two week demo.

As an aside (though an important one) two weeks is very little time for them to allow one to get aquainted with their platform and products.

#11     Oct 31, 2012
  2. Yes, I agree that the ability to exercise the option is an advantage, but conversely I don't feel that it makes up for the other deficits and negative components associated with..

#12     Oct 31, 2012
  3. Thanks for your insightful comment and contribution to this discussion.

#13     Oct 31, 2012
  4. Agreed on the vanilla options comparison for Nadex...the "other" non US exchanges offer to
    the touch option or 60 second directional play which is far more a game of chance and luck.

#14     Oct 31, 2012
  5. Yes, I opened a demo account and am not impressed with the selection of instruments and the platform itself. Seems to be an interesting premise but poor execution.

#15     Oct 31, 2012
  6. read the stuff. but not a good stuff. too academic.

stupid people make simple things complicated, smart guys make complicated things simple

made some on this kind of option? any good strtaegety?

#16     Oct 31, 2012
  7. sle

sle

I could not find anything referring to being able to "exercise" at any time (e.g. collect 100% once you actually touch or pass the level), i did see that you are able to sell the option for whatever Nandex think it's worth (a worthless feature in my mind).

#17     Oct 31, 2012
  8. all this gives me the impression that these are customized products that your proprietorially involved with just one dealer with..... what you can't market your deal to others?

#18     Oct 31, 2012
  9. I get the impression that these Cyprus exchanges are the bucket shops of the 21st century..

#19     Nov 1, 2012
  10. Yah man it's a contract between you and the issuer. Not fungible

#20     Nov 1, 2012