Bin spoke again. How low will it go?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NoMoreOptions, Oct 18, 2003.

1. What a picture. Looks like it was shot in a CNN's studio.

What do you think how the market should react? Do you have job to do on Monday?

2. Do you not understand how important it is to this administration to have him alive, rather than dead. Free, rather than imprisoned?

It is critical that America have an identifiable enemy, otherwise people begin to bitch about domestic issues more seriously.

It has always been that way, and it always will be.

3. I'd have to agree with Mr. Public over here.

Although I wouldn't attribute it historically as much as I would with this particular administration.... just as the 9/11 anti-terrorism craze seemed to die off, here comes the announcement that Saddam has WMD's running around.

Well, however true that may be.

4. Mvic

Mvic

POV recently when I espoused much the same thought to a beltway friend of mine who is politically savvy and involved. He said that we know where Bin Laden is more or less geographically but that to get him we risk a couple of hundred casualties and the outcome is not guaranteed.

If you were Bush, with Bin Laden essentially contained but out there as an crystallizing focus point for the electorate (putting a face to terror that we can all actively and easily and simplistically hate) why would you risk losing a hundred or two hundred guys in an attempt to capture him, which may not even be successful (and even if it is it will be hard to justify the loss of life in the face of all the Monday morning quarterbacks).

My prediction is that this will come in Bush's second term where he will be more interested in his legacy, where as now getting reelected is his focus. However, if he is really down in the polls next summer and the market has started tanking and the jobless recovery is shown to have no clothes, well then he may feel that he has no choice but to try and pull a rabbit out of the hat (either Bin Laden or Saddam).

5. This won't help him. Why would you care about Saddam or Bin Laden when you don't have a job?

6. Yep I even said
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=198389&highlight=ben+laden#post198389

harrytrader
    Elite Member
    02-04-03 10:44 PM
    "Re: if saddam were to die
    Then we will make a rally... and after that like Ben Laden who was said to have been killed he will reappear and everything will become dull again "

7. True. The Washington guys are always problematic, but nowadays, the US media is the one who are accused of and responsible of this mess. TV NEWS the US citizens are watching such as CNN or FOX is so biased and they are with the administration's propaganda. It's rather joke the most average US ppl thought Iraq had a strong relationship with 9.11. It's not that they are stupid, but their information source, the media was manipulated.
    In that sense, UK media is much more independent from the government pressure. When I read english Website, I use Reuters and ignore US media.

8. This is Brezinski's "Arc of Crisis" strategy and looking at History this is very old origin as it is said "the British Intelligence game master Wilfred Scawen Blunt set up the British Arab Bureau for the purpose "to organize an Islamic revolutionary alliance with the British Empire" that was obviously to be a battering ram against both the Russian and the Ottoman empires."

http://peace.rolf-witzsche.com/witzsche/1903.html

Zibibniew Brezinski's "Arc of Crisis" setup that was ideologically developed in London by Bernhard Lewis of London University. The "Arc of Crisis" was created to serve as a fundamentalist bulwark against the Soviet Union, where Islamic fundamentalism was to be pitted against the flow of communism. Of course this religious fundamentalist operation was build, or superimposed, upon the already volatile cauldron of the "Great Game" that was set up in the 1800s. In fact, in the later part of this century David Urquhart was superceded by the British Intelligence game master Wilfred Scawen Blunt who set up the British Arab Bureau for the purpose "to organize an Islamic revolutionary alliance with the British Empire" that was obviously to be a battering ram against both the Russian and the Ottoman empires.

9. The use of psyops such <font color=red>"a truly massive ... direct external threat" [Emphasis added BY HIM]</font> to frighten american citizens is even more clear in his book "THE GRAND CHESSBOARD - American Primacy And It's Geostrategic Imperatives," Zbigniew Brzezinski, Basic Books, 1997 with large extracts here http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/zbig.html

"as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural society, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely perceived direct external threat."æ (p. 211) [Emphasis added] "

I remind for those who ignores that Brezinski is the president of the Trilateral Commission - founded by Rockfeller - and that he has implemented the National Security Policy of the United States since Carter - as you can see it doesn't matter that it is democrat or liberal government.