Bin Laden deserves our compassion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, May 1, 2003.

1. (yawn)

Witness the hypocritical oaf try to bluster his way out.

You can't erase your words, Optional. You stepped in the muck but good. One minute you want to use aggressive, brutal methods on terrorists, the next let's capture 'em, study 'em, and rehabilitate 'em.

The absolutely best part of your little song and dance was the following:
    Hilarious! Yeah, I can just see bin Laden showing up on Oprah and apologizing for 9/11, going on Al-Jazeera and telling his fellow lunies that terrorism and muslim extremism is wrong and how great America is!! Then he'll book the Tonight Show, Letterman, and Jimmy Kimmel! Heck, he may very well be the next American Idol!

Maybe if you give dGAB a little more TLC he'll delete your posts and get me banned!

VERY entertaining to watch you both squirm.

Continue, please....:D

#11     May 1, 2003
  2. LOL!

I'd send you my DD214, but you'd confuse it with a love note from Optional and start sending me flowers and balloons stating "Go get 'em" and "I hate Don Bright too!!" :D

Congratulations on your college degree. I have one too.

So, how was the curriculum at the University of Rogaine?

And what exactly is your beef with veterans, dGAB? Your tone reveals not only contempt for those who have served in our country's armed forces, but an insinuation that they are incapable of attaining higher education.

So you're not only an ignorant fool, but an elitist ignorant fool. How charming.

#12     May 1, 2003
  3. Rs8.5

Rs8.5

Like you did with Mr. Market? Is that what he is doing? Or is there a difference between standing up and begging? (probably just "sitting" is a colloquialism, and what Mr. Market is doing over his meat and cheese is begging for more...standing? Technically I suppose).

BTW...have you been getting any royalties on that masterpiece?

Happaboy, why so bitter and impulsive? Which military were you discharged from? The American military instills a sense of justice, fairness, and due process.

So UBL should certainly have his day in court, if we can ever get him there. We had the Nuremberg trials, and Israel even tried Eichman. (And they don't like to waste a lot of time in coming to judgement and punishment, as we know).

Your poll is absurd. Two equally ridiculous choices. So far this thread has had 260 views and 9 votes. Big turnout!!!

As for Saddam, here is what he has to say about his own situation...hot off the presses. I heard this was recorded today somewhere in the former Soviet Union:

http://phunny.drghetto.com/realhussein.swf

#13     May 1, 2003
  4. Bitter? Well, RS, I don't know if you've ever served in the military or not, but as a veteran I get a little peeved by having my service questioned, as dGAB did. Maybe when your son is serving in the Navy and someone questions that, you'll understand.

Fine. But for Optional to state what he did about terrorists being taken care of aggressively with brutal methods, and then do a 180 and now suggest bin Laden should be studied, rehabilitated, and (cheerful Mr. Rogers music goes here) in the end he renounces terrorism and tells fellow terrorists that Islamic fundamentalism is bad - c'mon, RS! You're supposed to be the improved version, aren't cha? Service Pack 1 is in need of release. :)

Yet you showed up. How kind. Thanks!

Optional is a hypocrite, plain and simple. dGAB is his lapping dog. They give everyone else so much crap that I like to see them try to handle getting some back.

Basically they can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Sorry if you don't like the thread. As always, you need only stay away (as dgabriel insists he will do, over and over, like a broken record.)

#14     May 2, 2003
  5. Rs8.5

Rs8.5

Yeah, I was drafted. After college. But I don't see where gb said anything "insulting" to vets. And I sure don't have to wait for my son to go into the navy to understand what you seem to think I don't. The only thing that will really change is his bedroom here will be clean. Probably will be even when he comes to visit on leave.

Yes, but like most people, I did not vote.

Funny, I like both of them. And I like you too. I just don't agree with your outlook on crime and punishment. You are entitled to your opinion (even if you are always wrong:))

The thread is ok....I think it's interesting to hear what people say about such an emotionally charged issue. I just meant that your poll was weak. Only 2 choices, and both extreme. Neither reasonable in the real world. Just my .02

Peace,
    :)Rs8.5 (service pack downloadable tomorrow..)

#15     May 2, 2003
  6. Fair enough. dGAB, for reasons only he and Austin Powers are aware of, is calling me a liar about my military service. Then he added the sissy "I went to college you should try it" statement as if a young person who joins the military is forever excluded from higher education. Just has an effete snob kind of attitude, know what I'm saying? Like he grew up with a silver spoon up his a__ .
    I can respect that. I like Beavis & Butthead too. They're the nicest hypocrites and Goebbels wanna-bes I know.
    What's extreme? If we find OBL, we're gonna try him and then either execute him or not. Those are the choices in the poll when you get down to it. I am just pointing out that Optional has done a 180 from previous statements and is now advocating the feel-good, let's-understand-the-terrorist-mind school of thought. Why this sudden change? Precisely because of the hypocritical statements I caught him in. Optional is functionally incapable of admitting he has made an error or a hypocritical statement, so he has no choice but to try and roll with it.

As for yourself, never mind the Service Pack. Self-repair function proves Beta release is thus far stable. :)

Peace,
    H

#16     May 2, 2003
  7. How interesting that some posts have been deleted from this thread HOURS after they've been posted, specifically posts where dgabriel has made personal attacks questioning my military service.

And my reply to his post has been deleted, too.

I guess the 60 minutes time-limit of editing/deleting one's post doesn't apply to moderators, eh?

Worried your remarks were offensive to vets, dGAB? Well you should be. More worrisome is that you deleted them. Shows an extreme lack of control and foresight.

Well dGAB, this is both a sure sign of your desperation and yet another confirmation of your lack of ethics and ability to play by the rules.

I bet you cheat at board games, too, don't cha?

Just P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C

Hopefully Babak is not involved in this. Now THAT would be extremely disappointing. :(

#17     May 2, 2003
  8. Babak

Babak

Please keep personal insults out of your posts. They are not tolerated.

#18     May 2, 2003
  9. No.

I can't delete posts here.

I'm sure you haven't forgotten mine.

:p

#19     May 2, 2003
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

I agree.........

#20     May 2, 2003