Billions

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by ajacobson, Jun 7, 2020.

1. d08

d08

I feel like they had some notes only for the script and improvised most of it. They also seem to force this Wendy woman into all situations, she cannot perform the role well. Most characters are just cliche, superficial caricatures. Shame that a topic this good is wasted.

#11     Aug 1, 2020
    Tradex likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

It is quite a torture watching Billions.
    I gave up watching it.

Cursed TV series from Netflix is much more entertaining.

#12     Aug 1, 2020
  3. Tradex

Tradex

You guys should work for the "Rotten Tomatoes" website :D
    Just kidding, good reviews.

#13     Aug 1, 2020
  4. Bugsy

Bugsy

I didn't even attempt Cursed because it has a 5.5 rating on IMDB which is a reliable ratings site voted on by ordinary people. I dont watch anything under a 7.5 rating.

Two good series, both subtitle, "Gomorrah" and "Dark".

#14     Aug 1, 2020
  5. Atikon

Atikon

Gomorrah Book is great! Publisher is still paying for personal Security for the author

#15     Aug 1, 2020
  6. Bugsy

Bugsy

The tv series is in my all time Top 5. Up there with Sopranos and Breaking Bad.

#16     Aug 1, 2020
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

I liked the Limitless Drug, made them feel clever by making them stupid, stupid people always think there clever, because there stupid which annoys me no end, guess I have 1 pet peeve!!

#17     Aug 1, 2020
  8. d08

d08

If you like Gomorrah then you should see ZeroZeroZero (story by Roberto Saviano, same guy that's behind Gomorrah) and L'immortale (it was mediocre, IMO, but how often do you see Latvia featured in a movie) which is a movie based on one of the characters from Gomorrah.

#18     Aug 1, 2020
    Bugsy likes this.
  9. Atikon

Atikon

I did but it didn't came close to the first book imho

#19     Aug 1, 2020
  10. Bugsy

Bugsy

Already seen both of them. Zerozerozero was awesome. L'immortale was a wasted opportunity. They could have taken the opportunity to show a young Ciro and Attia coming up under a rising Pietro Savistano (probably butchered spelling on both first and last name) rather than a group of people nobody had ever seen or heard of before then.

#20     Aug 2, 2020
    d08 likes this.