Billionaire trader John Arnold retires at 38

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, May 3, 2012.

1. So Soros is a gambler? What about Buffet? They all make few big trades, seems to me.

#41     May 3, 2012
  2. I know i sound like a hater :p

but to your question about how to gain true respect as a trader. Simple, longevity. Be able to make money in any trading environment.

#42     May 3, 2012
  3. they are smart no dout, buffet can find a value better than anyone but they are not TRADERS, they are just business men, they are investors. Buffet will be the first person to tell you he has no idea what the market will do today, in a week or in 3 years. Nor does he care.

#43     May 3, 2012
  4. From who, you?

I'm sure your lack of respect will lay heavy on Mr. Arnold's heart.

#44     May 3, 2012

5. ask the beatles if they think milli vanilli are legends in the music industry.

#45     May 3, 2012
  6. You should shut it now. Buffett was an active trader in shares and bonds early in his career. Soros wasn't a trader?! The guy is in his 80s.

#46     May 3, 2012
  7. In this analogy... are you Milli Vanilli?

#47     May 3, 2012
  8. hoop121

hoop121

Enron was full of whiz kids. In fact, just about every fund, trading floor, utility out there right now is run by an ex-Enron employee.

and Arnold was the best of all of them

dude was brilliant

#48     May 3, 2012

9. I guarantee you i'm a better trader than John Arnold, I would bet anything on that.

I can estimate probability on almsost every 5 minute bar with 95% confidence on any given day, that lucky mofo couldnt even dream of doing that.

#49     May 3, 2012
  10. i hope this is sarcasm. :D

#50     May 3, 2012