Billionaire Ray Dalio Says “Capitalism Is Not Working” for Most People

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Nov 9, 2018.

1. And to be clear... I'm in the "bad environment, good parenting" quadrant. I still ended up homeless at one point in my adult life.

#21     Nov 9, 2018
  2. cafeole

cafeole

I WAS born into it and I have no regrets or memories of unhappiness. We were a nuclear family in West Virginia and griping and blaming others was not allowed. We were DIRT POOR Appalachian family. I got married, went into the military, then to a university. I was 30 before I got out of poverty. We still didn't complain. We enjoyed life as it came.

I hate whiners. I will NOT listen to those people with money bemoan the lower class. They don't know what they are talking about.

#22     Nov 9, 2018
    Spooz Top 2, ironchef, LS1Z28 and 2 others like this.
  3. There is a list of things that when combined, create very bad long term outcomes. Many people will have one or two of the things from this list. These people are likely to not have bad long term outcomes. A smaller, but still sizeable percentage, will have all of the items in the list which has been shown to lead to bad long term outcomes.

I know with the things I've had to deal with, if I did not have a decent upbringing, I would 100% be a serial murderer by now.

#23     Nov 9, 2018
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Man you had it made compared to what noob is trying to get through ya heads. Poor loving family dayum that’s priceless.

#24     Nov 9, 2018
    jl1575 and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  5. Convenient excuse, but not valid. At some point, everybody needs to "get over it" and make something of themselves if they want to be successful. And there is LOTS AND LOTS of help for the "disadvantaged".

#25     Nov 9, 2018
  6. Something something salary something something depends on not understanding it.

#26     Nov 9, 2018
  7. Sorry, no comprendo.

#27     Nov 9, 2018
  8. Exactly. Keep fucking that chicken.

#28     Nov 9, 2018
  9. cafeole

cafeole

Not just priceless, necessary. That is what the whiners are missing in their narrative - it is not about changing the system, it is about changing the tendency for a single parent family. And that is the fault of the parents!

#29     Nov 9, 2018
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

It’s akin to PTSD what some children have had to endure. Empathy as we are the lucky ones and should be grateful. I didn’t have pot to piss in ate the block of cheese you know which one, wore hand me downs but the love I was given made me rich. Peace.

#30     Nov 9, 2018
    Sprout likes this.