Billionaire hedge fund investor Paul Tudor Jones: Bitcoin is a ‘great speculation’

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, May 11, 2020.

1. johnarb

johnarb

Trader Curt likes this.
  2. southall

southall

So he owns approx 10,000 bitcoins. Something of that order of magnitude.

3. Atikon

Atikon

Bitcoin is barely scraping by, rising only with energy costs. We saw what happend to Bitcoin in the crash-> first thing to be sold. Good luck with it. I'm glad i didn't jump in in 2018

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

The difference between 1% and 2% is 100%. Since he has futures those things need to be rolled and he is also eating the timevalue. Right now May futures are 40+ bucks above BTC price.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  5. time value ?

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

7. KISS

KISS

Bitcoin is a 'derivative' like cash, bonds, stocks, options, futures, bitcoin in itself has no value. think about it. gold is a derivative too. as as commodity gold is just rock same with diamonds. diamonds are just heated rocks.

Bitcoin just another way to launder money since Obama and US regulators did a crackdown on swiss accounts back in 2009 which is when Bitcoin was invented. and pushed.

There is no way to hide or launder money in the carribean anymore. like in 70's and 80's

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/05/...dor-jones-bitcoin-is-a-great-speculation.html[/QUOTE]

8. southall

southall

He owned say 1.2% and then price spikes his holding jumps closer to 2%. Thats why he is a bit uncertain, the price is so volatile.

I would guess if wants to own them long term, then he owns some actual bitcoins, and uses futures to trade around his position.

9. johnarb

johnarb

PTJ also called bitcoin the fastest horse :)

What do you guys think of the idea that Paul Tudor Jones "has just removed career risk from investing in cryptos like Bitcoin. “Expect a lot of beta fund managers to begin cooking some copypasta,”"

10. [/QUOTE]
    %%
    Sounds like your money laundering comment is right;
    even though I don't live in that hurricane ally.Gold is not like bitcon, at all, gold actually has a use-ring/coin metal/collectors metal...…………………………………………………...……………………………… Thanks

#10     May 12, 2020