Billionaire Cliff Asness Pegs AQR Rebound on ‘Largest Opportunity Ever’ in Value Stocks

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, May 30, 2020.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Billionaire Cliff Asness Pegs AQR Rebound on ‘Largest Opportunity Ever’ in Value Stocks (Financial News)
    AQR Capital Management‘s outspoken co-founder Cliff Asness says the systematic quantitative investing giant is seeking to profit from the “largest opportunity ever” in value investing in order to end its recent underwhelming performance. Value investors, who seek to profit from buying neglected stocks in companies trading at a discount, have struggled in recent years, with the performance difficulties extending into 2020. Hedge Fund Research’s Fundamental Value index is down 12.7% this year to the end of April.

ajacobson, Atikon and Nobert like this.
  2. Atikon

Atikon

Can someone translate this for me?: Value investing, he added, comprised "a fairly giant bubble. Unless we ever find something — it's not going to come from returns — but something of a story that really makes sense and is supported by the data why things are different now, we will be sticking with this like grim death, and like we have several other times in the past, we will win."

I think I have to listen to the web seminar, this lack of context is terrible

3. dealmaker

dealmaker

“Yes, you can keep your anonymous brave sarcasm to yourself. Thanks.”
    — Clifford Assness, 4/9/2020

4. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Assness?

taowave likes this.