Bill to reinstate Glass-Steagall introduced

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Eliot Hosewater, Apr 14, 2011.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Good, but is the cat already out of the bag?

2. If this is what caused the 2008 financial disaster then I'd love to see it reinstated.

3. Doesn't mean squat when FED fast tracks overnight application for investment banks to become a normal bank and then allow them to pig out in the FED money trough.

Have GS and JPM gone back to being investment banks? When are they opening branchs so i can have a check and savings account?

The FED are nothing but Wall Street crimes working for Wall Street.

4. Yes, the Fed and especially Greenscam effectively gutted G-S even before Gramm-Leach-Bliley. Why can't we find any adults to run the country these days?

5. jokepie

jokepie

Check out its creation its independence. Its is not related to any govt. body ...Its created and run by Banks... FACT

6. the1

the1

Well let's see. G-S was repealed in what? 1999? 8 short years later we have a whopper of a crisis. Yeah! I'd say that's what caused it.

7. the1

the1

Wasn't that a hoot. You're an investment bank one day, going broke, a bank "holding" company the next, swimming in FED money, out of the woods the next, convert to a "financial" holding company and give the taxpayer the middle finger. Who did that? Oh that's right! Good old Goldman.

8. Stop whining. Those bonuses saved the world's economy. :D

9. GS19

GS19

About time something was done.

GS

#10     Apr 15, 2011