Bill Maher to Occupy Wallstreet: Get a job Douchebags!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 4, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Furthermore, good like trying to define what a conservative is to put into a control group to test this hypothesis. LOL.

#41     Feb 6, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

In my honest opinion, if there exists any correlation in racism it's regional, not political. This is certainly true in Europe and Asia. In the US one could safely argue that democrats in the south are more likely to be racist then democrats in the north. The same could also be said of republicans in the south vs the north. The region of the country is more a leading indicator then political beliefs in isolation. In other words, it's not being a republican or democrat or a liberal or a conservative that is the determinant.

#42     Feb 6, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

You do realize, of course, that we are talking about a preponderance rather than mere observational sampling. Statistical studies versus anecdotal inference. I am originally of European origin, and I've gone back from time to time, so please spare me your "real world" insight. I am well aware that the general population of some countries appears to be somewhat more xenophobic than others, comparatively speaking. And, as I noted in my earlier post, I am well aware that it reaches across all socioeconomic strata. However, the preponderance, my point to begin with, is among the more ignorant and stupid. Statistical research bears this out.

#43     Feb 6, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I disagree. We''ll leave it at that. You can keep arguing with yourself if you like.

#44     Feb 6, 2012
  5. Banjo

Banjo

#45     Feb 6, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Sure, and I will leave you to consider the implications of your ill-founded conclusion. You're saying that the smarter and better educated people are more prone to be racist (even though research does not bear this out). What does this say about you, to remain steadfast about such a conclusion among the presumably more enlightened, particularly despite statistical evidence to the contrary?

#46     Feb 6, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

That is NOT what I am saying. I'm saying there is no correlation either way.

#47     Feb 6, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

Yes, and I acknowledged the cultural element in my reference to relative xenophobia. However, even within such a subgrouping, there lies a preponderance. And I don't think it would be among the more enlightened of the bunch. Again, preponderance versus mere presence. The available research appears to support this conclusion.

#48     Feb 6, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Really?

#49     Feb 6, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm thinking his "political experience" comment was yet another one of his so called "wild pitches". Apparently RCG has a penchant for typing before thinking.
    That combined with his self delusions of grandeur and non stop false bravado make for a bad combination when others start asking for explanations.
    Obviously the folks he normally associates with off the internet aren't exactly "thinkers".

#50     Feb 6, 2012