Bill Gross: Unless deficit is closed, the USA will be destroyed.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Grandluxe, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Now now OT let's not let your anti Brit sentiments muddy up the waters.
    You guys are in big trouble due to over spending. As for us lesser mortals we are still in the sub prime mortgage crap and now it's got even worse - yeah should we thank the US, as these 2 mega problems started there ? I think not.

We try to suggest something and get a very hostile reaction usually. Obviously the USA isn't capable of understanding it's own problems. Let alone solving them. That's what friends are for ????

Stay cool :cool:

Didn't you know there are more heart related deaths in the USA than any other cause ?

#41     Oct 7, 2012
  2. Humpy

Humpy

If the Old Bugger drops dead with rage I guess we will never know !:eek:

#42     Oct 7, 2012
  3. Eight

Eight

Sounds nice and simple but we are having a business cycle without the business. If inflation becomes something that the fed has to deal with they will raise rates and that will put the end to the real estate market's possibilities of heating up. Without real estate heating up the common man cannot join in the economy and without those consumers the economy can't really get going..

The US might have the reserve currency but the world has to have faith in said reserve currency since it's not backed by gold. Whoops, we elected a marxist president, same outlook as Chavez of Venezuela, a few years ago and wow, the world stopped buying treasuries...

This whole mess is shakey as can be and getting worse folks...

#43     Oct 7, 2012
  4. It's Sunday, aren't you supposed to be eating an eel or something today?

No kidding, it's hard to know who is in worse shape.

I don't really have a dog in the fight, other than a bet on who can depreciate faster and longer and stronger, USD or GBP.

What's the score now? 2 out of two? So you're about due. (But be careful, all that sterling may mess you up.)

We should just bet, our best hamburger against your best fish and chips and if you can find anybody who still sells them in newspaper like my father remembered when he was pilot saving your ass it's an automatic win. (That's why he will never go back, because he say's he can't stand the sight of them being sold just like Mc'Donalds hamburgers.)

#44     Oct 7, 2012
  5. it's been shakey since 1776, the other choice was to live like Humpy does

we already declared bankruptcy once, so it's not like it would be anything new

fine, if you don't like USD, put all your reserves in some other currency

(that's not far off by the way. Do a google search on Special Deposiitory Reciepits, "SDR's") It means soveriegn nations who issue fiat currency (or the corporations who control them give up on the bullshit and just start doing business in SDR's and allow each soverign to keep their own people happy as best they can with their own currency.

So as long as you are happy with USD, no problem, and if not, they will sell you some gold for USD. And if you're still not happy, they will sell you some Yen for USD. As a matter of fact, they will sell you anything you want for some USD, just to keep you happy. Even a 100 shares of AAPL if that's what you want. Don't like stocks? They will sell you crude for USD. There now, are you finally happy?

#45     Oct 7, 2012
  6. ronblack

ronblack

He was a loser in 2011 saying the same things and shorting bonds with his strategy to scare people. This seems like a panic strategy.

#46     Oct 7, 2012
  7. Humpy

Humpy

He doesn't understand the difference between corporate finance and National finance, yet !

#47     Oct 7, 2012
  8. yes, he, me and a few others, unlike the lies told, he never shorted bonds, but many of us sold them, at least a year or more early, just like we sold our stocks months early in 2000.

time frame and length of life has something to do with it

if you are are small and young you won't get it

but we can solve this very easily. What is your outlook for bonds for somebody that already has enough money and plans to live for a long time?

#48     Oct 7, 2012
  9. Daring

Daring

It sure does.

Never been able to understand people getting ahead of price.

I stand by my call, why is the list of the richest people in the world missing economists?

#49     Oct 7, 2012
  10. when it comes to the big picture, people are in different phases of their life. Some are in the wealth accumulation phase, and some are in the wealth preservation phase.

and the same thing goes for short term trading

but it's harder to recognize when you are short term trading and you still don't have enough to preserve.

If you really have an interest in it, read the Rothschilds biography. They never went into the wealth preservation mode, and had a family decree that your purpose in life was to leave more to your heir than what you were left.

otherwise, I doubt the returns of your economists are much different than the returns of your expert traders, and neither of them are much different than the market.

My 90 year old mother has been 50% in bonds and 50% in stocks for twenty years and she has outperformed 85% of all hedge fund managers on Wall Street. You won't hear about her, but you will read articles and books about the 15% who outperformed her.

#50     Oct 7, 2012