Bill gates: will not pass down fortune to children.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MohdSalleh, Sep 21, 2010.

1. MICROSOFT founder Bill Gates has revealed he won't be leaving his estimated $56 billion fortune to his children when he dies.

Instead the global software giant brainchild, who ranks alongside the Medicis, Romanovs, Rothschilds and Rockefellers as one of history's wealthiest people, told UK newspaper The Sun that his billions will be spent defeating global poverty.

"I will give the kids some money but not a meaningful percentage," he said.

"Setting the number so that they need to work but they feel reasonably taken care of is hard to figure out."

Bill Gates and his wife Melinda have three children - Jennifer, 14, Rory, 11, and eight-year-old Phoebe.

"I knew I didn't think it was a good idea to give the money to my kids," Mr Gates said.

"That wouldn't be good either for my kids or society. So the question was, 'Can I find something that had incredible impact?' I knew I wanted to do that."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/business/i-w...es/story-e6frfm1i-1225927045715#ixzz10B0G67gk

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

500 million which is 1% and can be counted as not meaningful % is still pretty good start in life not to mention the best education and connections galore....

We should pitty the kids... But I agree with his approach...

3. His success has muddled his worldview. He will leave the money to charities or other organizations that will squander it on useless social programs or steal it when he is gone. What a shame....

4. I agree.

5. "Setting the number so that they need to work but they feel reasonably taken care of is hard to figure out."

Gates and all parents should consider that at some point there is a good chance that a tragedy will occur and their children will not be healthy enough to work. Oh well, let the state take care them.

6. It's a PR stunt, nothing more, nothing less....he has to look compassionate and caring while standing on the grave stones of several companies MSFT has destoyed...

7. It's nothing more than a PR stunt, to show compassion while he stands on the gravestones of the hundreds of companies MSFT has destroyed....

MSFT mantra: "embrace and extend"

8. LEAPup

LEAPup

I also agree.

It's a noble thing to give, but those who will receive will more than likely squander it on crap like "African genital washing studies," etc.,

(For those here who don't know, this really did happen with OUR stimulus money, to the tune of $825,000. I'm sure that's just a drop in the bucket too.)

9. Instead the global software giant brainchild, who ranks alongside the Medicis, Romanovs, Rothschilds and Rockefellers as one of history's wealthiest people, told UK newspaper The Sun that his billions will be spent defeating global poverty.

Good For him, it should be his choice to do what he sees fit with his money. Nothing wrong with that.

But when you get OBAMA and his ass clown possey s, SOROS and his ass clown possey and BUFFET and the fools who follow him, telling me that I "Have" to give a % of my money for "Social" responsibilty issues; then the problem begins.

10. He's just bullshitting.

Humans usually talk out of their ass, rich people usually say things they don't mean, and they usually do it on purpose. They make comical statements about how they want to eliminate poverty. Humans constantly lie, fucking get over it already.

Gates like most Americans is an attention whore. Thus, every once in a while he comes out and says things that he hopes will get him the attention he so badly needs.

Anyhow, so what if he is not willing to pass down his wealth to his stupid kids, they can all rot in hell for all I care. What will I get if he does or doesn't?!

#10     Sep 21, 2010