Bill Gates creates criminals with Vista

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Trader28Lite, Jan 2, 2007.

1. It looks like files generated in Office 2007 Excel cannot be read by Excel 2003.

So does anyone know by experience if Office 2007 will load on an XP box?

I agree with all of you, and this is going to be a big gamble my microSoft... This office incompatibility of versions is going back to Office 95/97 philosophy... If I was corporate, I don't know that I would "upgrade" the farm ... another significant learning curve and cost curve in the making.

#21     Jan 3, 2007
  2. GTS

GTS

You can save files in the old format if you need them to be read by non-Office 2007 machines. Also I believe they will have converters for Office 2003/2000 so that those users can convert/read Office 2007 files on the fly (up to the limits of the features that they support)

Yes

One of the features of the new Excel is that they finally have increased the row limit (which couldnt happen without a new data format) - something that has been long overdue IMO.

Edit: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101686761033.aspx "Exchanging files between previous releases of Microsoft Office and the 2007 Microsoft Office release"

"By installing the Compatibility Pack along side of Microsoft Office XP, or Office 2003, you will be able open, edit, save, and create files using the Open XML Formats new to the 2007 Microsoft Office system. Office 2000 users, as well as users of Windows 2000 SP4 and later, can convert Open XML Formats to binary file formats from within Windows Explorer. "

#22     Jan 3, 2007
  3. MacPro and BootCamp (or Parallels) -- it's a beautiful thing baby!

#23     Jan 3, 2007
  4. All I have to say about all this MSFT madness is

AARRGHH Mate!!! Ajoy!!

#24     Jan 3, 2007
  5. cubes

cubes

This sucks.:mad:

#25     Jan 7, 2007
  6. ozzie123

ozzie123

There's always a trustworthy mac. And when they release Leopard, I wouldn't mind to shell out $129 (estimated) to Jobs' pocket ;)

PS: Mac is also built from BSD, a somewhat open source platform.

#26     Jan 7, 2007
  7. dont

dont

Well I changed my video card and bam I was calling India to reactivate. So its official they have not backtracked. Now I have a comment at the bottom right saying This copy of Windows is not Genuine.

#27     May 18, 2007