Bill Gates: America’s Top Farmland Owner

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is a 60 by 64 miles area, if anyone wondered. I wonder how much subsidy he gets for it?

3. Might backfire.

During the 2008-2009 smashola, farm land declined from about $8,000/acre to $1,500. Then again if "things" go into total collapse to where "nobody's paper money is worth diddly-boo"... real assets like farm land, toilet paper, and Tampax... will be of some value.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  4. zdreg

zdreg

Bill Gates must be a friend of Jim Rogers.

5. zdreg

zdreg

The $1500 number is an outlier event as it never sold for $8000.
    [​IMG]

Your remark is nothing close to reality.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    BKR88 likes this.
  6. tango29

tango29

Crap, my father in law didn't get anything close to that selling off 100 acres in Iowa a year ago.

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. Jim Rogers still wears a bow tie, but his daughters are very cute.

8. zdreg

zdreg

9. who cares the question is why?
    he is investing heavily in wind energy as well as electric cars with Chrysler and GM.
    Apple may do a deal with HYUNDAI (OTC)

Bill hates not being the richest in the world he is after all a capitalist.

Wind and solar energy from above while maybe growing crops below.. hmm a win win or is someone going to make hyfrogen more viable like hyundai?

who knows.

10. tango29

tango29

Nice, their land was in Mitchell county, and I just double checked and the sale was actually 3 years ago now. I looked up the auction price and he actually did all right looking at those values, roughly $8000 an acre for the farm land, it was the 10 acres with the house that went for much less that I was thinking about.

#10     Jan 20, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.