Bill Frist - best trader ever

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dddooo, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Frist Sold Hospital Shares Before Drop

Tuesday, September 20, 2005; 9:37 PM

WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, a potential presidential candidate in 2008, sold all his stock in his family's hospital corporation about two weeks before it issued a disappointing earnings report and the price fell nearly 15 percent.
    An HCA spokesman said the company had no part in Frist's decision.

Frist's father, Thomas, founded the company and his brother, Thomas Jr., is a director and leading stockholder. The family is worth $1.1 billion, according to Forbes magazine.

HCA _ formerly known as Columbia HCA Healthcare Corp. _ has been a top contributor to the senator's campaigns, donating $83,450 since 1989, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/20/AR2005092001290.html

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Fifteen percent? Wow. You have got to be kidding me. The stock fell a whole 15%? And he got out right before that huuuuuuuuuuuuuge drop? Amazing. I mean whew, that was close. Those 15% drops can be really scary. Good thing he got out just in time. That was a close one. :eek:

3. Nahh, what Bill did was nothing. Hillary on the otherhand turned $1000 into $100000 by never being wrong on a futures bet. Now that's the trader of the century! She should run a hedge fund - can you imagine the fees she can charge on a fund with 10,000% return in 10 months?

4. Frist would be guilty if it were not for his "blind trust."

I still think he's guilty (well, just of insider trading...) - mm... and maybe of having a homosexual affair on the side.

All those rich senate-type limp wrists are fags.

sKaLpZ

5. To keep the trust blind, Frist was not allowed to know how much HCA stock he owned, Call said, but he was allowed to ask for all of it to be sold.
    Frist's father, Thomas, founded the company and his brother, Thomas Jr., is a director and leading stockholder.

Connect the dots.

6. ================
    Yes;
    would like to see 2 candle charts with the % gain of Hilllary,
    compared to % gain of Senator Frist & net profit for both.:cool:

One of the more interesting statements,
    thru David Becker/SEC gen-counsel 2000-2002;
    ''the facts that are public dont come close to demonstrating wrongdoing'' [YHOO 9-24]

Much of YHOO article was confusing,
    except SEC general counsel comment .:cool:

7. We should post that story again. After being caught red-handed, she then lied about the trades.

I remember an article by a futures professional explaining a way of segregating all losses in some accounts and all gains in the remaining accounts.

Good thing those liberals are fighting the entrenched powers for we common folk. They could never do that and attempt to line their own pockets at the same time!

Oh well, she's the next President of the United States. But, wait! i just thought of something. Maybe her morals will clear up a bit, she'll be entering the White House with Bill Clinton - that'll help.

8. Casey30

Casey30

I think they all are thiefs, otherwise how could you justify the attached article.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4372995/

I had several experiences over the last year where Sen. Specter would come out and say an asbestos bill was imminent, and it never was. I am sure these jokers where selling out of the money options like crazy, because there still is no asbestos bill almost a year later.

I think in February on a slow Friday the asbestos stocks where ripping, so I went long into the weekend, come Monday Spector comes out and says a Bill is imminent. I load up even more, I think on Wednesday, he comes out and says nothing is happening till the following month. Stocks tanked. All the options were worthless. He continued to do this every month for several months. Fun.

This is just one instance of manipulating the market. You guys talk of morals, I really think both parties sold their morals to the highest bidder. It is ironic that all these politicians and political party groupee, and radio talk show whores talk of morals. Ironic indeed.

9. "The Ziobrowski study notes that the politicians' timing of transactions is uncanny. Most stocks bought by senators had shown little movement before the purchase. But after the stock was bought, it outperformed the market by 28.6 per cent on average in the following calendar year."

uncanny...

m

#10     Sep 26, 2005