Bill Clinton: Time to build the Keystone Pipeline.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 29, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

No more excuses for Obama, now that they have planned the new route, though i suspect Obama will do what he always does and take the route which benefits him politically which means he wont go ahead with it till after the election, so as not to upset his base.

By DARIUS DIXON and DAN BERMAN | 2/29/12 1:46 PM EST

Bill Clinton says it's time to build the Keystone XL pipeline.

Speaking at an Energy Department conference in Maryland on Wednesday, the former president said he was surprised the project has gotten as gummed up as it has, laying the blame on pipeline builder TransCanada.

"One of the most amazing things to me about this Keystone pipeline deal is that they ever filed that route in the first place since they could've gone around the Nebraska Sandhills and avoided most of the dangers, no matter how imagined, to the Ogallala [aquifer] with a different route, which I presume we'll get now, because the extra cost of running is infinitesimal compared to the revenue that will be generated over a long period of time," he said.

"So, I think we should embrace it and develop a stakeholder-driven system of high standards for doing the work," Clinton added.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/73445.html#ixzz1nnmMCdEE

2. Good for Bill, let's get off our butts and do this thing.

c

3. pspr

pspr

Ah Oh. Bill is getting close to being called "racist" again by Obama.

4. Max E.

Max E.

The environmentalists are basically acting insane on this one, the oil has to get from point A to point B regardless.... Not building the pipeline is not going to mysteriously stop that, so it can either get there via truck/train using those evil fossil fuels (coal and diesel), or it can get there through a pipeline.... Which one is worse for the environment?

5. Max E.

Max E.

Well.... he was a big supporter of Robert Byrd afterall..... I suppose in the words of Brass, Clinton enjoyed propping up racists....

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0H0MTTFPDys?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0H0MTTFPDys?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

You disagree with Obama's policy? Obviously you're a racist!

7. Not a racist by any means, but you know that. But I get your joke.

After reading all the junk in the WSJ and local papers, can't seem to figure out what Obama's real position is. He's ok'ing the southern porting that does not cross international boundaries.

Listened to Hilary the last half hour discussing the pipeline, apparently some international crap is involved on the northern leg. And, another company, other than Trans Can is now getting involved. Maybe not quite as simple for the northern leg.

c

8. pspr

pspr

Or, Maybe Obama is just an idiot. :)

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Obama, the early years.

[​IMG]

10. Ricter

Ricter

Says the guy who claimed the pipeline had been "killed".

#10     Feb 29, 2012