Bill Clinton Pushes Global Warming Agenda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 20, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Frikin liberals are still pushing to tax carbon emmissions and rape the U.S. The idea that the problem with green energy is a funding problem ignores the fact that green energy isn't viable now and won't be for quite some time to come.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Former President Bill Clinton said Tuesday that the success of the alternative energy movement is hampered by a lack of financing. His comments came as world leaders attending his annual philanthropic conference expressed fears about rising seas.

The ex-president's three-day Clinton Global Initiative for VIPs with deep pockets began Tuesday with a frank discussion about addressing global climate challenges, co-hosted by Mexican President Felipe Calderon and South African President Jacob Zuma.

Pointing to Germany's successful creation of solar energy jobs as a model for other nations to emulate, Clinton said the main issue with green energy is a lack of proper funding.

"This has to work economically," he said. "You have to come up with the money on the front end."

Clinton's talk of renewable energy financing comes as Republicans are criticizing the Obama administration for awarding billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies for such projects, including a $528 million loan to a now-bankrupt California solar panel maker.

More: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-09-20-19-46-51

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

If I'm not mistaken they're about to start carbon taxing private aircraft in Europe soon, if they're not already.

Fortunately I don't go there so I haven't kept up.

3. His comments came as world leaders attending his annual philanthropic conference .....expressed fears about rising seas

These mofo's are out of touch with reality. Rising seas? Gimme a break.

If you have zip nada chance of solving a problem (insert your own list here _______), the best idea is to focus on a new one.

Rough draft of e- mail I'm going to zip off to world leaders, wsih me a hearty response.

Dear Bill Clinton, et al...

I'm still seriously thinking that if everyone in the world each filled one empty 5 litre water bottle up with sea water, and stored the full bottle under the stairs, then it would solve rising sea levels.

Sincerely,

Dr Stunata

(I have to use a psuednym with credentials to avoid attention)

4. wildchild

wildchild

If my memory serves me correctly Bill Clinton was the President of the United States and he was impeached. With such a record under his belt why would anyone take him seriously?

5. pspr

pspr

I think you are right. International air fares will be going up to cover this cost. I don't recall how much it is but it seems it was a subtantial amount compared to airline earnings.

6. "NEW YORK (AP) -- Former President Bill Clinton said Tuesday that the success of the alternative energy movement is hampered by a lack of financing. His comments came as world leaders attending his annual philanthropic conference expressed fears about rising seas."

Bill: please note, it's not the lack of money, it's the lack of an economically competitive alternative.

So far, the GOVT has forced a stupid, subsidized corn fiasco down our throats to make the Iowa primary voters like them and are heavily subsidizing solar and wind energy, neither can compete with with the current means.

If someone came up with a solar panel that could make $50/Mwatt power, I can assure you investors will be lining up to finance it and individuals will install a system in their homes.

Seneca

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Seneca: please note Bill is a career politician to him all problems can be solved with more of someone else money.

:)

8. I've got problems; how do I get on the list to have some of it sent my way??

:)

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me too. :)

10. The stated "fact" in the first paragraph is already wrong. Wind and hydro are already cheaper than coal and some forms of natural gas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source

#10     Sep 21, 2011