Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Funny stuff but very true.

Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillay Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: "A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags."

This anecdote is revealed in a New Yorker article on the relationship between Bill Clinton and Obama:

Tim Russert told me that, according to his sources, Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Clinton is giving a keynote address at the Democratic convention this week in Charlotte, North Carolina.

2. jem

jem

clinton has to be one of the smartest big time liars ever.

3. pspr

pspr

That's funny that Clinton would say that to Ted Kennedy. I wonder if they had a big laugh right after he said that.

I guess that erases all doubt about which party is related to and still living with the KKK.

4. Whether you like him or not, Bill Clinton is a very smart guy. Compared to Clinton, Bush and Obama look like dumb and dumber.

5. pspr

pspr

So far, neither bush nor obama have been caught getting a blow job in the Oval Office then caught lying about it. I really don't see Clinton as that smart.

Isn't his heart by-pass about due to be getting plugged up again?

6. Clinton is amoral and narcissistic in the extreme, but he's an intellectual powerhouse compared to Bush and Obama who are both intellectual lightweights.

7. jem

jem

i see it the same way.

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

+1