Bill Clinton: I should have better regulated derivatives

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by walter4, Feb 16, 2009.

1. :D haha. Pabst, If Hillary had someone else do her trade in cattle, and she did not even have enough money to cover margin sometimes, I think that means she has no understanding of how it works. And her husband does not either. I think Bill Clinton have no idea what happened in the bill he signed for Commodities Futures Modernization Act.

#11     Feb 16, 2009
  2. ziradee

ziradee

Agreed. I was a psychology major in school and was shocked as to it's importance trading and markets in general. You really need to have a good grasp of the macro social theories.

perhaps this thread should be moved to the psychology forum. :p

#12     Feb 16, 2009
  3. Wow, what a fucking idiot. Go back to read Labor Econ basic fundamentals. This statement is pure stupidity and shows an utter lack of credible research as a basis for his "regulation." I would have just laughed if I'd have heard this. Anyway, at least Obama increasing unemployment benefits by 20 weeks. This will put us at least 46 weeks off from recovery.

#13     Feb 16, 2009
  4. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

on paper these banks were audited on paper.

but the actual cash or movement of cash between banks and their divisions and accounts weren't enforced.

just look at madoff the brokerage business or market making business is 'regulated' but weakly enforced cause the auditors can't stop cash transfers.

#14     Feb 16, 2009
  5. Fed chairman HAS NO POWER. Find me one credible source where it states otherwise.

Once you get over the fact that the owners of the Fed make the decision, not the guy chosen to do a Public Relations job, then you can make a step forward.

It was during Greenspan's time that the specific cause of this financial meltdown occurred. The Fed started recognizing Level III assets and encouraged them.

#15     Feb 16, 2009
  6. There are no "specific causes". To say, blame, assign or otherwise is to appear....simple.

#16     Feb 16, 2009
  7. you are right my post should be amended instead of greenspan insert the fed and central banking system.

I guess I still love to kill the messenger

#17     Feb 16, 2009
  8. yes there is, money isn't as complicated as you try to make it.

easy credit inflates asset prices. temporarily inflated housing and inflated stock prices adds no wealth so why would you want to do it.

#18     Feb 16, 2009
  9. You think increasing unemployment by 20 weeks puts off recovery by 46 weeks, am I reading you right.

#19     Feb 16, 2009
  10. bighog

bighog Guest

You bible thumpers not over Bill Clinton yet? Reread this beatoff and have yourself a good laugh..............some pimple faced snot nosed kid still in diapers has it all figured out. TOO fucking funny. ET is a gas

ziradee

02-16-09 04:02 PM

Agreed. I was a psychology major in school and was shocked as to it's importance trading and markets in general. You really need to have a good grasp of the macro social theories.

:D

#20     Feb 16, 2009