Bill Ackman Has Lost Hundreds Of Millions As Herbalife Shares Skyrocketed [TIMELINE]

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Dec 17, 2013.

1. OnClose

OnClose

2. Bob111

Bob111

---hedge fund manager Bill Ackman---

----After Ackman revealed his massive short, a number of hedge fund managers, most notably Ackman's long-time rival Carl Icahn, piled on by going long the stock.---

is this what they are calling a "HEDGE" this days?
    pathetic..not his money, not even close to some sort of hedge strategy. i would sue this guy and go after his personal money,if i was a holder of his a** "hedge" fund..

---In The Last Year, Bill Ackman Has Lost Hundreds Of Millions--

and WTF with media these days? the correct title should be-

--In The Last Year, Bill Ackman Has Lost Hundreds Of Millions of his customers money. what a loser and d*** f*** he is..
    this sounds about right

----Despite that setback on his trade, Ackman made it clear that he still believes the company is a pyramid scheme that regulators will investigate. ---

there is a plenty of those. many insurance companies,in finance,sales etc using same scheme. pyramid is not a ponzi scheme and looks like it's perfectly legal. at least in US.

3. It's not a style-drift nor outside the fund's charter. He's known as an activist and a concentration player. He once opened a separate fund just for his SHLD longs. HF as a term is an anachronism. Very few funds are pure long/short in this mkt.

4. Bob111

Bob111

yeah,you right about that. back in a day it was all about being market neutral and make the money regardless to the market performance\direction. looks like now it's sort of show me yours i'll show you mine kind of game.

5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

TGT I think in 2008.

He bought a ton of calls (like 5% of the company) and ended up giving back all the fees from that fund.

6. Bill Ackman is a God among hedge fund managers!

Just give it some time and he will teach the market a lesson.

7. Today there were 19300 Calls bought on the January 2014 expiration $80.00 Strike. On the Puts, somebody closed out 5000 Jan $90 Puts and reduced Open Interest in half, what does that mean?

I bought some Calls on Target when Ackman's name was gold and it moved Target from $62 to $71 and cratered in three days. The Calls expired worthless, I should have dumped that trade once the Ackman pump was over. On the opposite, I bought some GGP stock when that stock hit $0.30 in Pre-Market and Pershing Capital was going to provide financing for GGP during 2008-2009, William Ackman made a fortune on that trade when he sold his stock to Simon Properties, Ackman is very smart, he made enemies with the wrong Hedge Funds who colluded to destroy him.

How many times did it take the Shorts getting burned on Iomega, TASR, GMCR, Blackberry and other stocks before the real collapse took place. The book "The Art of Short Selling" and James Chanos book are detailed in not being early to a party to sell a stock short. There is plenty of time to join the Short Selling party once these stocks start to implode. Why did Ackman not cover his position when Ichan and Soros joined the squeeze? Now, Ichan comes on CNBC saying "HLF is still cheap and undervalued", what was Ackman thinking on this Short? Where is his stop-loss?

8. koolaid

koolaid

ok that's why you're not managing multi billion dollars because all you're focused on is herbal life. he didn't get to where he is today because he's a fool.

#10     Dec 19, 2013