biggs says rally soon

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, Mar 14, 2008.

1. this clown's hedge fund is probably on the verge of a blowup. he's starting to sound like mock_trad3r, you know, just keep repeating the bullish comments and maybe by 2011 you'll be right. question is, will his fund survive that long?

#21     Oct 26, 2008
  2. I think his fund (Traxis) is down 18% for the year through end of Sept.

#22     Oct 26, 2008
  3. the vix is volatility index for sp500 the vxd i think it is, is the volatility for the dow, i look at the vix. If you read about the vix and how its calculated and what it means.

vix at 80 (like it is now) is basically pricing in a 68% chance of an up to 80% move over the course of the next year (from today). To get the monthly you divide 80%/(sqrt 12) = 23% once again that means 68% chance of up to a 23% move.

#23     Oct 26, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Duh! We've already had a "Dow 1000 point melt-up".. on October 10... in a matter of 40 minutes... and gave it all back.

There might be SEVERAL such bounces... but do they deserve to stick?

#24     Oct 26, 2008
  5. zdreg

zdreg

he took the closed end pakistan fund private at net asset value at the bottom. he and MS squeezed out the public share holders just before the pakistan stock market quintupled.

MS brought Pakistan fund public at 14 and took it back at $2.
    if anybody is interested how wall street works I have given it to you in 1 sentence.

#25     Oct 26, 2008
  6. zdreg

zdreg

when it is time for charity give your 2% + 20%
    to your favorite hedge fund. to do it right give it year after year.

#26     Oct 26, 2008
  7. aresky

aresky

Barton Biggs was right again
    European and US stocks rally

Friday's PG price $58.87
    Today PG $63.23

MMM
    Friday $59.61
    Today $64.31

#27     Oct 28, 2008
  8. Right again? It's easy to be right when your comment is as general as ``One of these days, even if the world is going to hell, we will have a tremendous run-up,'' said Biggs, 75.

Of course we're going to have some big up days at some point. The article also points out how very wrong he was regarding the S&P.

#28     Oct 28, 2008
  9. I would never buy India, China, or Europe. Only Brazil and US large cap tech.

And this is the start of a huge rally. Not gonna end at just 1,000 points.

#29     Oct 28, 2008
  10. aresky

aresky

Biggs was right on March 14 regarding the Dow Jones (big rally)

And Friday he was right. He said

``U.S. and European markets have blown out to record levels of attractiveness versus bonds,'' Biggs said in an interview with Bloomberg Television. ``We're at very, very cheap levels.''

His top picks PG and CSCO rallied from friday levels

#30     Oct 28, 2008