Biggest Squeeze in history is looming

Discussion in 'Trading' started by panamaorange, May 20, 2010.

1. Please post the source of data that allows you to arrive at this statement.

#41     May 24, 2010
  2. Show me a stock with at least a 500 million dollar market cap that has gone up 1000% in the last 13 months - I dare you.

#42     May 24, 2010
  3. Look at the charts for the past 20 days. Everyone is saying "i told you so" and "this is just the beginning".

#43     May 24, 2010
  4. good point, Ivan!

here is thestreet.com poll: where are the bears? are these the smart money? i doubt it.

1 What would best describe your stance heading into the coming week of trading?

Bullish 47.04% 980 votes
    Bearish 39.7% 827 votes
    Neutral 13.25% 276 votes

#44     May 24, 2010
  5. everybody is still on tippie toes with the spain bank failure, until some big buyer decides its ok, any rally is shorted into heavily.

copper was very bullish at times today, techs couldn`t pull the rest of the market up, and tech capitulated at the end.

I think when Geitner visits Europe, hopefully markets take this that the Global economy is coordinated in a good way.

It might help Europe if they lowered rates, throw some more liquidity out in the European Markets.

All in all, nobody wants to be the first to step their toe in the water here, everybody is waiting for leadership...a catalyst if you will.

Hopefully Europe will think of something that will serve as a catalyst for instilling a little confidence in the future.

#45     May 24, 2010
  6. This thread just proved my point. Even this board wasn't so bearish at the start of February and July squeezes over the past year.

No, im not don Harold. He completely disagrees with my prediction for an oil gap up to 90, and dow gap to 13-14k by fall. But, I do post on his blog.

How can anyone look at the price action in DBA over the last week, or USO over the last 3 days, and not see inflation coming?

Today's WW3 korea scare wasn't even able to bounce the dollar past thursday's highs.

Im not predicting "a bounce", im predicting the start of "the big one". The one that catches more herd chasers than any of the last 2 squeezes.

We don't need europe or the US to lead. Leadership will come form the Bric nations. It will be literally, an exact repeat of 2007 (EEB leading the market)

#46     May 24, 2010
  7. Well my name is Smart Money and I'm a bear! Right now there isn't a lot of good news relative to the bad news and the market seems a little overbought considering the underlying weakness in the economy.

SM

#47     May 24, 2010
  8. I'll take a stab - there are plenty if you go back to the march lows of 09...that is about 13 months - ish, a little more but I think that was the intent of the statement

two off the top of my head:

HIG -
    March low- 2.32
    high - 30.46

F -
    March Low- 1.17
    High - 14.57

Of course my math may be off, but that would be roughly 1300% for HIG, and 1250% for F.

#48     May 24, 2010
  9. bat1

bat1

please leave the crack pipe alone!

#49     May 24, 2010

10. Seriously, with this Administration faking economic data and almost completely controlling the mainstream media? The facts make it quite clear that the media is greatly underestimating how bad things really are.

Never in my lifetime has their been such a blatant attempt to prop up sentiment about failed policy and economic reality.

#50     May 24, 2010