Biggest Squeeze in history is looming

Discussion in 'Trading' started by panamaorange, May 20, 2010.

1. are you don harrold?

btw i do somewhat agree with the thread starter. we capitulated thursday, so the edge is to the bulls. Historic oversold levels by mcclellan. Probable we bounce some. Bought some nice cheap SPY calls fridays open that rose 40% in one day.

#31     May 23, 2010
  2. Kendall

Kendall

So everybody is Bearish? Really? I would say everybody is trying to figure out when to buy this market, not sell it....Just look at the replies to this post.

Dude, This is what happens when a market goes up on AIR or weak volume. Doesn't it concern you AAPL is 17% of the NAZ? Where is the NAZ without AAPL? This market is sick.

#32     May 23, 2010
  3. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

everyone was looking for the great buying opportunity,that 10% pull back which is supposed to be normal. and guess what,we got it on friday at least thats what everyone says. so, everone is saying its a great buying opportunity,where is all the bearishish sentiment?
    we may open up on monday but i suspect we fall under 10k again.look at my posts from 2 weeks ago. i said we will dip below 10k but they will protect that level and we will bounce back. we did exactly that.
    i am looking for another big drop,phase 2.

#33     May 23, 2010
  4. If we revisit the lows of 08/09 plenty of countries and financial institutions would be unsaveable and saving those who do stand a chance of surviving trough govenment intervention would be very difficult to do because there is no more political capital available for Tarp II.

#34     May 23, 2010
  5. So where's this squeeze at? the dollar?

#35     May 24, 2010
  6. i agree that the sentiment is surprisingly bullish. i expected more bears given the velocity of the dumps we have experienced.

#36     May 24, 2010
  7. The sentiment is not bullish at all... the sentiment is bearish, the smart money is bullish the dumb money is bearish

#37     May 24, 2010
  8. you just proved my point

#38     May 24, 2010
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Did you not notice the last 13 month non stop rally the markets have had to the upside where stocks have gone up hundreds and even thousands of percent higher???

Oil above $110, right, would like to see how long our economy could handle that for.

#39     May 24, 2010
  10. Gcapman

Gcapman

I think the OP meant a long squeeze.......

#40     May 24, 2010