Biggest Squeeze in history is looming

Discussion in 'Trading' started by panamaorange, May 20, 2010.

1. lets see ES break 1125

POST A SCREENSHOT of your long position if you want street cred

#21     May 22, 2010
  2. I was thinking close to the same thing.

A close below yesterdays open would concern me, but not surprise me. IMO you are buying at a discount currently. We had to seriously test the 200 Daily MA at some point in this rally.

I am guessing 1350 on SP500 this year then 1-2 years of non trending markets in a 200 pt range.

#22     May 22, 2010
  3. GLAD to see that someone on this thread understands whats happened,happening and end up going...

The nubies have a lot to learn.

#23     May 23, 2010
  4. Was it the price of oil that triggered the 'global economic collapse'? Are you sure?

#24     May 23, 2010
  5. spinn

spinn

stop trading immediately. Give it up you are done. save what is -left of your mothers money...or -give it to me. Just stop Now.

#25     May 23, 2010
  6. I believe so, but we won't know for sure until there is more time/space to look back on it.

Debt is only a problem if you can't outgrow it - the oil bull clamped growth in all the wrong places. We'll have a better sense of cause/effect after the next doubling, only a theory until then.

#26     May 23, 2010
  7. lol, which technicals are on the bull's side? Care to elaborate, because I see NONE. Not a single one.

#27     May 23, 2010
  8. I am not sure last week low was a short term bottom. but the indicators give a hint to a fea days to a week to find a bottom. Copy & pastethe below and hit in your browser ,you may be closer to an answer rather an oracle!!
    http://stockcharts.com/scripts/php/candleglance.php?$VIX,$NAHGH,$NYSI,$NAMO,$SPXA50,$RHNYA,$NDXA50,$OEXA50,$BPENER,$BPSPX|C|I30,15

#28     May 23, 2010
  9. also concur with the previous poster. At the same time I welcome opposing views because their margin liquidations will eventually hand those who re-short this market a windfall profit. I am very curious how SPX will perform around its 200 DMA. Also any break in 1.25 EURUSD will make me sell this pair again.

Anyone who talks of a break of the previous resistance levels in equities looks to be slightly removed from reality. 2 years later we will look back and know that Greece in April/May 2010 has only been the beginning of the crash in Europe. So far nothing spectacular happened, exactly the same story when Bear Sterns went under.

#29     May 23, 2010
  10. oil trades like an asset class these days, not strictly the fundamentals, look back at the last pullback around February, equities pulled back on financial reform talk, so did oil, then they both went on to put in higher highs.

The probabilities are on the side of a nice retracement next week for all asset classes except treasuries.

It is a tougher call on whether we put in higher highs for all these asset classes, however, one benificial outcome of this European debt scare, is that this means the fed will wait even longer to raise rates, probably too long, which means we probably will put in higher highs in all these markets come the year end potfolio manager`s number push.

Trade Setups:

For me I will be long the July CL contract next week, they pushed it up nicely in electroni trading right before the close, so it opens green, gaps up at least .20 cents at the open Sunday night, and then does a stairstepper climb into Europe`s open. I expect the Euro to gap open above 126 as well Sunday night, and start moving higher.

The trade setup was to buy Cl when it was being pushed down to around the 69.70 level, or equities right before 20 minutes to the close--that was a gift for anybody who didn`t buy right at the open on Friday, you got a second chance as Cl finished 70.55, and equities exploded into the close.

For Sunday night if my analysis is correct (and I could be wrong - this isn`t a perfect science-) but you try to read patterns, interpret market moves, and make your best judgement as to where you think the market moves next. So if one is not already positioned, the trade setup is to buy, equities, commodities, all risk assets at the open, and ride the momentum up, it appears that it will be one of those rally`s where you just keep moving your stops up locking in your profits along the way.

Where do you take profits, too early to tell, but you want to catch the big moves next week, you don`t want to take profits too quick in my opinion, let your winners ride next week, with stops in place to at least lock in small gains in case something spooks the bulls to take quick profits. But you should defintely be able to make some good money by buying futures sunday at 5:00 cst and riding monday`s "Mutual Fund Monday" buying spree, as according to my analysis a bunch of new positions get initiated next week in lots of asset classes, and sure they could get spooked and take profits 2 days later, but by all accounts, they should at least initiate these new positions in a big way on Monday.

I am sorry but with the fed giving money away at zero percent interest rates, you can only hide out in tresuries for so long, til others test the bottom for you, then you feel safe when the retest holds so strongly (money managers) and you get your ass back in the market and make some real money for your portfolio.

#30     May 23, 2010