biggest prop/con job in market history

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rlchitrdr7, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Joab

Joab

Your 100% right !

So what

Is there anything you can do about it ?

The game is and always has been rigged thats no surprise.

:cool:

#11     Apr 16, 2008
  2. TRS

TRS

Ad nauseam - what's new?

#12     Apr 16, 2008
  3. You are absolutely right, there is nothing I can do about it.

I guess the point is that, when we have a government and system that espouses free markets and then when that same government and system manipulates those "free" markets then the system is rotten to the core and will collapse from it's own inter-decay.

caveat emptor rules the day.

#13     Apr 16, 2008
  4. Just make yourself available to what ever the market if offering.

#14     Apr 16, 2008
  5. poyayan

poyayan

Of course, Ben prop the market since last fall. I don't think it is a con job since it is pretty clear from day one that Ben is trading inflation for recession.

Also, he definitely timed his announce to make his impact the biggest.

Dollar down, inflation up, everything cost more and that include stocks too.

His theme has been : we cannot allow IB and banks to go default. That means, we are paying for it by weaker US dollars.

#15     Apr 16, 2008
  6. The con job is $115.00 crude and transports up 4% today. The con is I-banks buying dips supporting stocks. The public is not buying by any stretch of the imagination.

The con is wall street trying to pretend that really the future is brighter than things are today.

I am not disputing the necessity of keeping the banking system from failing.

I am talking about a con job to keep the public from selling given high inflation, lower earnings, tapped out consumer and that somehow none of this matters because now is the time to buy.

#16     Apr 16, 2008
  7. hprop

hprop

Guys, as crazy as it may sound I think the key to understanding the US equity markets / indices is to look at their value measured in other currencies, for instance you can use the dollar index.

Theoretically, if the USD was to drop to 5 versus the Euro - entertain this thought for a moment - were would the S&P500 be? No, it would not be at 900, because the companies that have income derived from exports would be so dirt cheap that the rest of the world would be clamouring to pick up the bargains.

Rather, I think the "strength" of the US markets (measured in USD they are strong) either could lead to new all-time-highs in the indices sometime late this year or early next year, or the USD would strengthen again.

I'm inclined to believe that the USD will continue to weaken, and that this will lend support to US equities.

I'd also like to add that as people are talking about record commodity prices, it is slightly more complex. If the commodity prices are measured towards the usd index they're in an uptrend but it's not nearly as crazy as it looks when you normally pull up a chart.

#17     Apr 16, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

agree,

TRANSPORTS RALLY on $115 OIL...

HMMMMMMM

Columnar Edit
    Symbol Time Trade Change % Chg Volume Intraday Related Info
    IYT 3:50PM ET 90.81 Up 3.45 Up 3.95% 656,871 Chart, Messages, , More
    USO 3:50PM ET 92.21 Up 0.77 Up 0.84% 7,498,760 Chart, Messages, , More

something is F$$Ked up....

#18     Apr 16, 2008
  9. dman666

dman666

Well, if you say it's going to collapse then, Oh well! Unless all your money is in euros or whatever currency holds up, it won't matter either way now will it? The public will be broke and so will you because the US is going to collapse. I just don't see your point in caring whether the market is propped, whether the public is being fooled or whatever claims you are making. I just don't see this as anything valid to trade off of. Will the US fall like Rome did someday? Sure, it might, but that doesn't mean there will be trading opps in the meantime. Oh, the sun will expand and blow up one day and earth will be no more. Unless we start inhabiting other universes we are all screwed. Might as well short everything!

#19     Apr 16, 2008
  10. RL8093

RL8093

And why would they do that? Aren't they also looking to make a profit?

Didn't I read another ET thread today saying that Goldman is predicting a rough ride ahead?

I'm not sure what you 'conspiracy theory' folks really hope to accomplish and I wonder whether you actually believe what you write?

Even if the market is going to plummet much-much further, it never drops in a straight line. After 911, the mkt rallied for 6 months before dropping like a rock and bottoming at a much lower level. For someone who supposedly has traded futures for many years, you sure seem like your powers of observation need some work .....

R

#20     Apr 16, 2008