Biggest monitor to fit into a 46 x 34"-wide space?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sle, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I suddenly crave Dunkin' Donuts.

#21     Dec 17, 2017
  2. jinxu

jinxu

I agree. Makes me wonder why he even have a 14" laptop in the first place. In another post he writes how about how proud he was to find a TV that cost $500 or so new but brought for $7 at a pawn shop. Surely with all the big profits he is making he could afford a pay $500 brand new. Maybe I could be wrong, but something doesn't add up.

#22     Dec 22, 2017
  3. jinxu

jinxu

Seriously, this comment doesn't make sense. I have a cat too. If you are trying to decide on the size of a screen based on your box desk and a cat. That's kind of ridiculous. Get rid of the desk and find a new one. Likely your cat is not going to knock over your TV??

My recommendation is get a 43" 4K TV that is compatible with being used as a PC monitor. They cost around $500 currently.

Here's a link to help you get started:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/television/10-best-ultra-hd-4k-tvs-in-the-world-today-1326405

#23     Dec 22, 2017
  4. jinxu

jinxu

5. sle

sle

I don’t have a TV :) would she knock it over? She will try, but a with heavy monitor its not as likely. However she also does scratch everything in sight. Anyways, we adjusted our behavior to match hers.
    I rarely work from home and if I do it’s usually either writing code/emails or monitoring executions. That doesn’t require huge amount of screen real estate so I don’t think I need anything extra large

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    #25     Dec 22, 2017
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Get many smaller monitors. Similar surface area but you can snap windows into place quickly which I find usef

#26     Dec 22, 2017
  7. jinxu

jinxu

I understand. I have my TV positioned right at the edge of my TV stand. That way my cat can't jump in front of it and try to scratch the screen.

#27     Dec 22, 2017
  8. sle

sle

I am considering 2 36” one on top of other.

PS. My wife is already storing some stuff inside the desk, unreal

#28     Dec 22, 2017
  9. Anyone familiar with chroma 4 4 4 TV as monitor? Is it worth the hassle to save a few bucks with TV vs spending more for 4k monitor. I'm planning on buying 2 - 4 monitors.

#29     Dec 27, 2017
  10. Different people have different needs. What works for you may not work for others. Just like anything else. Believe it or not some on here are writers, musicians, animators, coders and traders (with multiple accounts). Could be all one person.
    Just like some people have multiple cars, motorcycles, trucks and homes. Maybe not for you but they all serve a purpose to the owner. Who are we to say what is right for us, is right for someone else. Don't you have multiple pairs of shoes?

#30     Dec 27, 2017