biggest loss

Discussion in 'Options' started by mikeenday, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

QQQ puts, so far down 56k
    today might be the reversal day. AAPL surely looks like a last leg up.

2. Which strike? Expiration?

I'm more inclined to the short side on the q's, but we just made another Higher low and we've been breaching. This will continue for 1 or 2 days, then we'll see a sell off. Got in a bit early on those.

3. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

Oct 21. 55 and Sept 30 55.

4. You seem to be rich enough to finance the market. Who gives you the money that you give to the market?

5. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

every cent of it is my own.

6. daveyc

daveyc

with this market making huge swings you will hopefully cut that loss down or take it into the black. its just tough buying puts when the vols are so high, you get days like this where the market moves big and can really do some damage.

7. I trust you. Why doesn't it dry up? 56K lost on puts requires very deep/bottom less pockets. If you were to share with others how you get that money, people might barter it with showing you their market tricks and knowledge.

8. I think if people do not know how to get 56k with their market knowledge, they probably do not have much experience to give.

Obviously if he is losing $56k on bad days he is probably making at least $20 or 30K on good days. (Unless of course he is a new trader and just plunked all his money down into this one trade.)