Biggest losing day of the year today...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GreenDog, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Wow.

~ -$6,000 on the day today. Had been in the green 18 of the last 20 sessions, but today certainly cut into the recent gains.

One of my old demons surfaced today: "the trendless chop."
    Some days you know the trend is weak, yet you tell yourself that it'll break out any minute. This was that kind of day for me.

Sh*t.

2. Damn, that sucks! How much did you make on your largest winning day this year?

-FastTrader

3. What are you trading? E-minis or Stocks?

I had a wipeout Thurs and Fri of last week. Today I made some of it back, but the trends have been terrible. (I'm trading the S&P E-mini.

Cheer,

kp

4. Btw, I also lost $$ today trading stocks :mad:

-FastTrader

5. Same for me Friday! I was short from Thursday with a bit of profit in MCD. Aye carrumba! I was hit for the same as you right at the open. When it was apparent that the opening range low was not going to be taken out, I exited.

6. $12,000. My win/loss percentage has improved to about 65-70% this year since I've backed off on discretionary trades that don't fall w/in my system parameters. Most of my trades today DID NOT fall w/in the parameters, and I tried to force something to happen (very, very much a rookie mistake).

I'm still trading QQQ in 5,000-10,000 share lots -- have been contemplating moving to ES (and NQ) for quite a while, but have yet to make the switch (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

7. didnt we go over this several weeks ago on the chop?

8. Nordic

Nordic

G-Dog,

Where do you direct the majority of your Q orders? Exchanges, ECN's

9. Yes, we did... and I believe my post was entitled something like "stay away from the chop." -- (which I did)!

That's why I'm so disgusted w/ myself today. I don't usually participate in the wishy-washy sh*t.

10. 100% to ISLD.

I've been unable to find ECN marketshare data on the q's ever since ISLD "closed the book" on ETF's. It's been my experience though, that ISLD still provides the greatest liquidity on ETF's.

#10     Aug 11, 2003