Biggest Joke On Wall St. Award:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Frozen444, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. I bought Kens course several years ago also. He is a master at his craft.... Marketing and writing.

As far as biggest blunders I have heard of, my friend works for TIAA Creft. One of there clients inhereted 20 million dollars and insisted on putting it all in Cisco. That was March of 2000.

#41     May 15, 2002
  2. Stuart

#42     May 15, 2002
  3. I work at T/C.

LOL!!! Funniest shit... !!:):p

I can't sop laughing.

anyone who knows me, knows I am switching to trading
    to get away from bureacracy, but the damn prop shops keep going outta business. Oh well, More Bureacracy and lots more laughs, until the time comes.
    :p

#43     May 15, 2002
  4. trdrmac

trdrmac

Thanks for the update on Roberts, good call about not posting the link. I have purchased plenty of books from the likes of Wade Cook and Robert Allen and Robert Kyioski over the years.

I would think these guys would drift away, but the money must be very good.

There was a similar CSCO story in WSJ last year about a guy who used all his CSCO (His whole portfolio) to secure a loan on a second house. At the time of the article he was living in the second house and the account had went from something like 1M to 50K.

#44     May 15, 2002
  5. Blue Star I can't top that story but I can give it a run for the money....

When I was a commodity broker I had an eyedoctor client who told me about a friend who put 400K- his entire savings I think- into a single tech stock. This guy pyramided the @#$# out of that 400K position, ramping it up to $12 million at the peak.

The punchline: the stock came within something like $20 of his "target" but never hit it, so he held on.

And was eventually forced into bankruptcy by the margin call.

#45     May 15, 2002
  6. Sol Rosenberg?

#46     May 15, 2002

7. So Gordon Gecko was wrong. Greed is not such a good thing afterall.

#47     May 15, 2002

8. sure honey baby, what time can i come ova?

should i bring my shoes and glasses?

#48     May 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.