Biggest Joke On Wall St. Award:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Frozen444, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trdrmac

trdrmac

What ever became of Ken Roberts?

I used to get a booklet from him once a month on his futures trading system. The last I saw was an article in Kiplingers or Money that was a SERIOUS interview.

Bueller Bueller Anyone?

#31     May 14, 2002
  2. what, no nomination for Greenspan?

#32     May 15, 2002
  3. Hey, remember Dave Del Dotto? Whatever happened to that guy? Wasn't he one of the original late night infomercial guys back in the 80's? He had one of those "Get rich with foreclosures & government auctions"millionaire kits. I think it was like $400. He would be up on a stage with his millionaire students in Hawaii or something. His infomercial was on just about every night, and he had several of them. It was him and the phone sex ads(back when they were new)dominating late night cable TV. I think the government finally went after him.

Oh well, now I'll have to buy my real estate books from Carleton Sheets:D

Snake

#33     May 15, 2002
  4. I agree with js1257, if a 15 yr old gets into trouble by personally profitting from pumping and dumping in chat rooms, then why dont 40 yr olds get into trouble for going on television and essentially doing the same thing just on a grander stage??

#34     May 15, 2002
  5. Because they can afford better attorneys ...

#35     May 15, 2002
  6. Well that explains everything :) I was specifically thinking about the new book out about cramer and he called maria up and profitted handsomely from this set up, but he wont be prosecuted. So if your gonna pump and dump then get a good suit.

#36     May 15, 2002
  7. darkhorse, I will certainly 2nd the nomination for Greenspan! (aka. Greenie The Weenie).

#37     May 15, 2002
  8. Ken Roberts is still out there. He has a web site and everything. (And no, I won't post the link.) I have to admit, I bought Roberts's course about six years ago ($180 or so). Luckily, I never used his system to trade because I now know it would have been a disaster (a simple breakout strategy that uses pyramiding to increase contract size). But reading his course is one of the reasons I got into trading so I have to give him a little credit (very little). The common denominator amongst these types is that they sell for $200+ what you can buy at Barnes and Noble for $20.

#38     May 15, 2002
  9. trader99

trader99

From what I can tell, his two books on Futures and then Stocks are IDENTICAL almost done to the last word. Maybe changing the words futures for stocks. haha.

That was an easy way to make a quick buck for him!

but i must admit, the book themselves and explanations on TA isn't that bad. I don't knwo if his systems or techniques actually worked or not. There are no backtested results or anything.

It's very easy to give a "good example" on a past price chart and say,"this is where you should have buy and sold here because of these technical indicators" But how about in real-time?

trader99

#39     May 15, 2002
  10. With the kid (I forgot his name) and Mr. P.

Mr. P, how are you doing with you KM position that you bought?

#40     May 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.