Biggest Joke On Wall St. Award:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Frozen444, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BSAM

BSAM

This doesn't have to be a person, right? I nominate the PDT rule and the SEC.:p

BSAM

#21     May 13, 2002
  2. js1257

js1257

The SEC for not going after the lying crooks on WallSt but going after a fifteen year old kid. It just goes to show that if you pay the SEC enough money they will look the other way.

#22     May 13, 2002
  3. VOLUME

VOLUME

Decimalization?????

#23     May 13, 2002
  4. Is he that bad? I found a copy of his Compleat Day Trader on sale for $12 so i bought it. Didn't look that horrible and maybe I can get some idea out of it that I can adapt and use. I haven't read any of his other stuff so i can't say.

The real jokes to me were some other books I saw. One I flipped to the middle of its 200 or so pages and there was a full page explaining and diagramming a price bar and arrows showing the open, high, low, and close. What were the 100 pages leading up to this then? And by the end of the book you're supposed to jump in and start trading?

#24     May 14, 2002
  5. LOL I guess I missed this stuff, must have been before my time...

#25     May 14, 2002
  6. Joe the Bull Batipaglia .
    A few months ago he said put the majority of your money into stocks. Notice how we don't see him that often anymore.
    He only rears his head when the market goes up .

#26     May 14, 2002
  7. Wow! There was an outfit pushing options on gasoline futures in a TV infomercial near the top of the bull market circa 1999-2000. I heard a radio commercial very recently that sounded like the same scam.

#27     May 14, 2002
  8. #28     May 14, 2002
  9. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Haha, well, I'm not THAT old (29), but the commercial came out in the mid 90's...I think he got in trouble with the CFTC over it (imagine that!) and had to pull it.

As far as his books go, any one of them looks just like the others. Remember, he is a futures trader (supposedly). First he had "The Compleat Day Trader" (I and II) for futures, and then he came out with "The Compleat Guide to Daytrading Stocks". He picked up on stock trading fast enough to cash in on the book gold rush. That makes me think he really doesn't trade at all, but instead rehashes material into the fad of the day...much like Sunny Harris (don't even get me started on her...)

#29     May 14, 2002
  10. I remember that TV ad. There was a scene of a guy sitting in the rig of his 18-wheeler talking about how he use's Jake's system to trade futures.

Does he place the orders via CB radio?

"Yaaaaaahoooooooo! This here's the "bigrig", come back. Gimme 10 o'them April pork bellies an' throw in a messa #2 top-weight feeder heifer calves!"

#30     May 14, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.