Biggest Joke On Wall St. Award:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Frozen444, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My favorite:

I didn't hear the name of the brokerage because I came in late on the report, but an analyst was e-mailing his investment banking department, "If you don't stop pressuring me, I'm going to tell the truth about this stock."

#11     May 13, 2002
  2. Wasn't that Merril Lynch?

#12     May 13, 2002
  3. henry blodgett/ rick santelli reporter in chicago is close second
    is so full of b.s on fixed income its silly.

#13     May 13, 2002
  4. The award goes to the Merrill CEO for his "apology" over the analysts' e-mails calling their rec'd companies "pos" and "crap." Instead of apologizing for committing fraud, he basically said he was sorry the e-mails came to light.

#14     May 13, 2002
  5. Why you mock Wade Cook? Wade Cook he smart man! He make money! You are big loser! You never make money! You don't get ladies with big bosoms on your own yacht!
    So you come to my free seminar or you are stupid loser I tell you!

Tom Vu

#15     May 13, 2002
  6. maria

#16     May 13, 2002
  7. on second thought CNBC in general except for mark hains and david faber

#17     May 13, 2002
  8. xll

xll

Everyone on CNBC, Bill Griffeth in particular. After doing financial news for 20 years, he didn't know what a stop limit order was -- he apologized that he had given a caller completely inaccurate information. How conscientious are these people when they don't bother to pick up basic knowledge, even after decades of reporting about the market? Lucky them, they get paid even though they are dead wood.

#18     May 13, 2002
  9. trdrmac

trdrmac

Almost forgot about Tom Vu, he had the best commercials.

Below from www.johntreed.com one of the best sites on what ever happened to the no money down crowd.

Tom Vu---I do not recommend
    Claimed to be a Vietnamese boat person. Surrounded himself with bikini-clad babes in TV infomercial. I am not sure how babes relate to real estate investment. Was he implying you can afford prostitutes after you get rich using his course? Or were the babes gold diggers which you will attract because of your net worth? His approach to advertising is so sleazy I wonder why anyone asks me about this guy.

Here is an email I received about Vu:

“I wish that internet had been around ten years earlier. I bought many books and tapes from many speakers. One of them was Tom Vu’s course. After I bought the course for about $395.00, I realized that I had been had. The information was just basic that most reasonable real estate books you get from the library would have. Some of the information were worthless. I kept some old courses, but I threw Tom Vu’s course away long ago because its zero value. This web site is a valuable one that any real estate investor should read.”

Mike and Irene Milan were just in my town, guess they will be hitting the comeback trail.

#19     May 13, 2002
  10. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Solly's favorite son, Jack Grubman...rode Worldcom all the way down with a strong buy until last week when he finally put a neutral rating on it...and makes $10mil+ a year for his hard work...ain't this country great!?!

On the retail side, I have to say Jake Bernstein probably wins in my book (although Wade Crook et al. are a close second). But Jake had the first trading infomercial I ever saw where he sold a course on trading commodity seasonals. I still remember it showing some housewife getting home after taking the kids to school and phoning (yep, it was a long time ago...) her broker to place an order for pork bellies along with an order to sell it in 23 days. Classic.

#20     May 13, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.