Biggest "Improvements" (Failures) Of 2002

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bungrider, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Let's open the nominations for the most hotly talked about, yet worst failures of last year...technologies that cost the most money, yet produced either no discernable change or just simply flopped...

Mine are:

1)SuperMontage

2)Anything to do with ARCA

3)SSF's

2. sammybea

sammybea

is there any question? ARCA has to be the worst "improvement" in nasdaq history. :mad: The only thing laughable about ARCA is the insane amount of OUR money put into their commercials over a system that is reliable. :confused:

3. cheeks

cheeks

ARCA, hehehe.......

That thing is the Ford Pinto of the financial industry.

4. taodr

taodr

ARCA...... How long before this thing collapses ?

5. Eldredge

Eldredge

ARCA. Causing me trouble again today as usual. I think I have received ONE truly instant fill on ARCA! Let's hope it dies an ugly death soon - but I doubt it.

6. yeah i'm like 0 for 10 today with ARCA

as soon as I see ARCA appear in the destination field i hit cancel...

7. omcate

omcate

IMHO:

STP/T + 1 settlement.

:p :p :p

8. ARCA obviously. But the really sad part is that the idiots who "protect investors" by banning ISLD from publishing quotes in ETFs don't care at all that trading is disrupted in virtually all stocks and ETFs every day to every other day by quotes that lag several minutes or are complete illusions, and of course we don't want to forget that the average trader probably has 10% of all his orders screwed up by ARCA, some of them pending cancel all day.

Exactly what was the official reason for banning ISLD quotes again? And exactly how does that reason not apply to ARCA's substantial and frequent disruption of all American stock and ETF markets which has been going on for years now?

9. ARCHAPELLAGO IS OPEN!!!!!

They needed money to pay the actors so they couldn't hire techies, unless thats their it staff travelling the country.

10. Might the CME become the next ARCA? They have started an obnoxious and blatantly moronic ad campaign on CNBC. I don't think that's a particularly good sign...

#10     Jan 29, 2003