Biggest ECN rebate

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by larrydavid, Sep 12, 2011.

1. which ECN gives the highest rebate. Is it still EDGX? any specific routing strategy.

I am looking my ECNs are really eating into my pnl.

thanks in advance

2. I think the main BATS ecn (BATS X, BATX) currently offers the best rebate for adding liquidity... 0.0025 vs. 0.0023 for EDGX or FLOW.

3. yes; BATS is a tad better than EDGX. Have been getting those for the past couple of days and am loving it.

One thing though i am not sure is which exchange is the best if i were to optimize both Rebate and Fills together. I dont think there is any quantitative information about that but would love to hear any opinions..

-gariki

4. ARCA is pretty popular among experienced traders for adding liquidity to get the best fills. If you don't trade a lot of size then that small difference in rebates might not be too big of a deal if you find yourself getting better fills. Might depend on what kinds of stocks you usually trade though.

5. Mostly trade ETFs. Currently trading SPY, IWM, EEM, FXI and a couple others. So you think ARCA is better from fills perspective? and my size is really small; just 100 or 200 shares at a time - so maybe it doesnt matter whether its ARCA or BATS.

Going for max rebate for that reason.

-gariki

6. thanks guys!