BigFishPicking

Discussion in 'Options' started by chienandrew, Feb 14, 2005.

1. I bought goog Feb. 195 call before market closing. Since the market expected a rally tomorrow due to Greenspan's speech, I want to see whether or not Goog can touch $200 tomorrow. Anyway, this option is not a big fish picking. It is my weakness in trading: trading too much.

#11     Feb 15, 2005
  2. Crevalle

Crevalle

Nice call yet again.

#12     Feb 16, 2005
  3. SINA today's rally is due to briefing.com's rumor of SNDA to buy SINA. I believe this is not true. But the depressed stock always tried to rally on the rumor. I bought SINA put now.

#13     Feb 18, 2005
  4. The Mar atm puts are selling at 66+IV. Maybe sell a Mar or June call ratio spread instead?

#14     Feb 18, 2005
  5. Sell March call is also a good idea. Next Monday, SINA may come out to deny the rumor. But on tuesday evening, NTES will report earning which I predict good one. Therefore, SINA may bounce with NTES on next wednesday. My option is short time play to avoid time decay loss. I tried to time the market.

#15     Feb 18, 2005
  6. I f you believe the total market condition will be similar to last year, you can think to sell June call. Because in the last week of March of 04, there is a big market correction.

#16     Feb 18, 2005
  7. #17     Feb 18, 2005
  8. 25c or lower for LEXR may $5 call may be a good gamble. The scheduled hearing of unfair trading of LExar vs. Toshiba is scheduled on May 16. There was already $460m ($5.8/share) jury trial reward. It is greatly possible, the market will gamble another victory of LEXR before May 16.

#18     Apr 29, 2005
  9. Heck chienandrew, good call so far, I cursed when Cramer advised against it tonight. Hopefully contrarian....

#19     May 10, 2005
  10. The pressure of LEXR is that the court hearing date 05/16 may have another delay due to the court request. Therefore some retailers are hurry in sale. Tomorrow, LEXR has a presentation:
    (May 11, 2005, 8:30 a.m. ET: CIBC World Markets Annual Communications & Technology Conference.)
    Currently the market condition has a lot of improvement on technology group. Therefore the sale off will not so seriously as that in the first time delay announced. You still can take some profits from the May $5 call today or tomorrow.

#20     May 10, 2005