"big size" proprietary futures trading firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by zerocool, Dec 18, 2003.

1. zerocool

zerocool

thanks for your answers. really impressive to hear some prop futurestrading firms trade these sizes "normally". 300 dax lots mean 7500 euros / point. lol. i hope these traders have a good stoploss limit. if they have to exit their losing trades -20 points meaning a loss of about 150000 euros.

#31     Dec 29, 2003
  2. I know Matrix had an office in NYC, but the address is no longer listed on their site.

What firms are located in NYC?
    I'd like to chekc out an operation while I'm down at the expo.

Thanks.

Happy New Year to all.

uptik2000

#32     Dec 29, 2003
  3. Good question and also what time frame? how many turns a day?

#33     Dec 29, 2003
  4. alanm

alanm

Quote from zerocool:
    ...300 dax lots mean 7500 euros / point. lol. i hope these traders have a good stoploss limit. if they have to exit their losing trades -20 points meaning a loss of about 150000 euros.

It's all relative. The initial intra-day margin (at IB anyway) for a 300-lot of DAX is EUR1.7M, and people that swing that kind of size typically aren't going to have more than a few percent of their total funds in a single trade, or they're going to have _very_ tight stops (much less than 20 points).

#34     Dec 30, 2003
  5. I don't think it would make sense to have a much less than 20 points stoploss on a 300 dax lot position. How do you expect to fill that kind of size on the dax :D

Talk about sliippaagggge! (or there might be other clever ways of filling that kind of size I don't know of, OTC??)

#35     Dec 30, 2003
  6. I can imagine if you dump 300 FDAX at market, some institutional arb desks will be happy to fill your order within a second...i think ten points slippage would be still ok...:D

#36     Dec 30, 2003
  7. I can imagine having a prem indicator up for the dax would be a good idea if you're trading size. Then you know when the arbs are ready for your 300 lot coming in, not?!

#37     Dec 30, 2003