"big size" proprietary futures trading firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by zerocool, Dec 18, 2003.

1. MBFCC

very hard to get in the door there ...

#21     Dec 22, 2003
  2. cosmic

cosmic

Hi,

what general requirements would all of you list for getting a chance for a start in one of those firms? Is it all about the right kind of motivation & mental issues you have to face everyday when being a prof. (day)trader?

I have developed several interesting daytrading strategies with TradeStation & Neural Net Addons and now I look for a good place to start with these.

Thank you for any comments!

Have great Christmas holidays,
    cosmic

#22     Dec 22, 2003
  3. Funster

Funster

cosmic

what neural add ons do you use for tradestation (web link would be nice)?

thanks

#23     Dec 22, 2003
  4. I have never heard of prop futures firms. I wouldn't mind trading futures for the firm with their money, i'm currently trading my own account with 40 contracts per turn.
    how does the payout work with them? do i get to keep a %? and usaully how much? I make a good living with 40 contracts, but with 400 contracts, well you guys get the idea.

Can you guys direct me to some of those firms that would let me trade futures with their money, and what are the requirements for being considered for the position?

#24     Dec 22, 2003
  5. Boomer

Boomer

i have a question for those of yall who trade size. do you scale into an order of say 50+ es. i know you say there is not the biggest slippage issue though. just wondering....i like to think of big size.

#25     Dec 22, 2003
  6. 40Deuce

40Deuce

ES should become more 'interesting' once we can sling (& bluff!) 400 a clip . . .
    goodbye to the pit for good?!?

#26     Dec 23, 2003
  7. 40Deuce

40Deuce

yes, I would include 275 on that list . . .
    but they also clear brokerage as welll as prop

#27     Dec 23, 2003
  8. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

What city are you trading out of?

#28     Dec 23, 2003
  9. Do you have any info on their prop trading program? Salary? Trade mostly NYMEX stuff or other? I'm reading his book. Pretty good stuff. Very solid.

#29     Dec 23, 2003
  10. cosmic

cosmic

Sorry to be short at the moment, but BrainCel (PromisedLand/JRC), SafirX & Ward Systems NeuroShell Daytrader Prof. should provide a solid start.

They all have some sort of link to TradeStation.

BrainCel is a good start if just want to check that modelling possibility out.

The others are quite more sophisticated.

NeuroShell has plenty of room for customization & does provide the most versatile solution (but also the longest "dive-into" period) around.

SafirX is also very interesting, because it creates a unique rulebase to base trading decisions on & does not instead just optimize standard indicators to death...

Wish you all the best,
    cosmic

#30     Dec 23, 2003